Tranxene

Methantelinium Bromide (Vagantin), Benztropine (Cogentin), Bornaprine (Sormodren) and more.
Sonya

Tranxene

Post by Sonya »

My Dr. said mine was the worst case of hand sweating he had ever seen. Sweat literally dripped from my hands. My feet sweated a lot too.

He prescribed 3.75mg of Tranxene twice daily.

My hands have been dry ever since. My Dr. explained that I would have to take it for the rest of my life, but he thought that would be better than the stress I suffered daily because of the excessive sweating.

Please don't be ashamed to tell your doctor. I suffered for 30 years before I did. Tranxene has been around for a long time and is available in generic. With insurance, I only pay $10 for a month's supply. I cannot stress enough what a miracle this has been for me. I can shake hands with confidence, wear sandals, so many things I couldn't do prior to taking this medication.

Tranxene

Re: Tranxene

Post by Tranxene »

bump, more people need to see this and try this :!:

KeithUK

Post by KeithUK »

Hi,

I am going to ask my dermatologist for a trial.

I have been on pro-banthine for 7 years. The dry mouth is a pain in the *** but I couldn't go back to the sweating.

There are side affects with all drugs and it is a matter of whether the side effects are worse than the sweating.

Their are always doubters and we must be careful. But if we can't get proper trials, we have to take the initiative.

I am 57, so I might as well make a start for the younger generation.

I have learnt that we all have very different nervous systems. That's why we have Hyperhydrosis and others don't.

The level of Tranexene you take is very low compared to what is being used for other conditions. My doctor prescribed an SSRI and because it was at normal dosage it made me into a zombie. I only took it for one day. This put me off, but there is no saying that a lower dose may have worked.

Your doctor seems to have got it right. Was it luck or good judgement from previous experience or research? Ask him how he decided on the dosage and let us know.

Any luck with arranging a trial? Have you contacted www.sweathelp.org, the International Hyperhidrosis society?

We have to keep trying.

MESSAGE TO EVERYONE. SEE THE ABOVE SIGHT AND GO SEE YOUR DOCTOR IF YOU ARE SUFFERING WITHOUT HELP.

Chow.

Keith in the UK

lcallender

Post by lcallender »

I have taken Propantheline for many years, but I have been told that it has been discontiuned. I have moved to Robunil which does not work as well. can you tell me about Tranxene medicine?

Or any other helpful advise. I have also tried using the Drionic units on the hands and feet, yes it is time consuming, but it does help, after about 2 weeks with using the unit daily for 10-15 minutes.

Sonya

Post by Sonya »

[quote="KeithUK"]Hi,

I am going to ask my dermatologist for a trial.

I have been on pro-banthine for 7 years. The dry mouth is a pain in the *** but I couldn't go back to the sweating.

There are side affects with all drugs and it is a matter of whether the side effects are worse than the sweating.

Their are always doubters and we must be careful. But if we can't get proper trials, we have to take the initiative.

I am 57, so I might as well make a start for the younger generation.

I have learnt that we all have very different nervous systems. That's why we have Hyperhydrosis and others don't.

The level of Tranexene you take is very low compared to what is being used for other conditions. My doctor prescribed an SSRI and because it was at normal dosage it made me into a zombie. I only took it for one day. This put me off, but there is no saying that a lower dose may have worked.

Your doctor seems to have got it right. Was it luck or good judgement from previous experience or research? Ask him how he decided on the dosage and let us know.

Any luck with arranging a trial? Have you contacted the International Hyperhidrosis society?

We have to keep trying.

MESSAGE TO EVERYONE. SEE THE ABOVE SIGHT AND GO SEE YOUR DOCTOR IF YOU ARE SUFFERING WITHOUT HELP.

Keith,

Please let us know how the trial goes. I can't find one other person who takes this medication for sweating or anything else.

I agree that we must be careful and that we need proper trials. I have emailed the Doctor in your link. I hope someone out there will agree to a trial.

I will ask my Doctor if he has any other patients who take this medication for HH. I highly doubt it, since he found it in a medical book, after trying everything else he could think of. I've never had a Doctor refer to a medical book during an office visit, but he did. He started me on the lowest dose possible, and it has kept my HH under control for 16 years. Nothing short of a miracle for me. I only wish I knew if it is just a fluke, or if it could possibly help other sufferers. He said it was the worst case of HH he had ever seen.

HH doesn't sound like such a bad thing, but we know that it is a terrible thing to have to live with. We must keep trying until someone listens!

Sonya