Dr. Ravi Jain in the UK

Include details about experience treating HH, cost and so on.

Bambi

Dr. Ravi Jain in the UK

Post by Bambi »

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/pages/liv ... ge_id=1774

From the above article:

MARCUS BENTLEY, 34, is a marketing manager. He is single and lives in Bloomsbury, Central London. He says:

I never had a problem with excess sweating before I spent a year working in Singapore four years ago.

Once there, I found that my shirts were dripping and my hairline perspiring so much that I could hardly see as sweat was running into my eyes.

I put it down to the hot climate. It was hardly surprising, as the heat and humidity were overpowering.

No anti-perspirants worked and I was constantly changing shirts and mopping my brow.

When I returned to the UK three years ago I was horrified that nothing changed - it could be a cold day and I'd still be in the same state of perspiring that I'd been in Singapore.

I read a magazine article about Botox being used for excessive sweating - I'd previously only heard women talking about it for getting rid of wrinkles.

But considering the only other option was surgery to remove the sweat glands, it sounded a preferable option.

It wasn't possible to have Botox for excessive sweating on the NHS, so I booked an appointment privately.

Dr Ravi Jain said that I had a condition known as hyperhidrosis - overactivity of one type of sweat gland called the eccrine gland.

Botox blocks the actions of the nerves that supply these glands and prevents them from producing sweat.

Dr Jain painted each of my armpits plus my hairline with iodine and then he put corn starch on top.

The corn starch binds with the iodine only where the over-active sweat glands are located, making them go darker so the doctor can see where to inject.

Dr Jain injected about 30 times into each armpit and all along my hairline.

I felt a sensation similar to sharp stinging - rather unpleasant but only transitory.

For the first few days I was still sweating and thought I'd wasted my money.

But the effect suddenly kicked in - my armpits were pretty much dry, my forehead totally so.

I find the effects last from eight months to a year and as soon as I feel the sweat starting up again I go back for more Botox.

The only disadvantage is the price - £500 a session as you need so many injections. I've spent £2,500 so far - but it's been worth it.