Yoga

Aoibheann

Yoga

Post by Aoibheann »

Hi lads,

Some of you might also have experience with this. I started yoga (Ashtanga) about 9 monts ago and absolutely love it, BUT (and it's truly a big one) it hasn't helped me a bit with my hyperhidrosis. I feel that my heartrate has lowered since practising and I feel fantastic overall, but my sweating hasn't improved. Unfortunately, most people seem to feel that way.

Isn't it just tragic that cures for AIDS and cancer are researched but a trivial problem like excessive perspiring isn't really looked into? Shame!!

Take care,

Aoibheann

Wannabeyogi

Post by Wannabeyogi »

Hey thats good info Aoibheann...there are so many types of yoga its confusing. Near my place Bikram yoga is big...but probably not a good idea for sweaters like us to sweat more!!

I want to ask you if sweaty hands or feet made it difficult to do yoga for you? I am worried about that and therefore never tried yoga. Do you wear thin gloves and socks to soak the sweat while doing yoga?

jordybb

Post by jordybb »

Well yes i with my family do this and i am very happy with the results, its very good and it helps in getting rid of breathing problems ..

jordybb

Post by jordybb »

YOGA is a series of traditional physical and mental disciplines originating in India.
In Hinduism, it also refers to one of the six orthodox (āstika) schools of Hindu philosophy, and to the goal toward which that school directs its practices.
Raja Yoga, Karma Yoga, Jnana Yoga, Bhakti Yoga, and Hatha Yoga are the major branches of Yoga .. its good to do on daily basis and results are also good i can say on a personal level...

corey90

Post by corey90 »

Ayurveda and yoga are sister Vedic sciences that have been united for thousands of years for the sake of healing body, mind, and consciousness. Generally speaking, Ayurveda deals more with the health of the body, while yoga deals with purifying the mind and consciousness, but in reality they complement and embrace each other. I am hooked up in this beautiful practice :D