Hyperhidrosis Diet Tips

jasonellis

Hyperhidrosis Diet Tips

Post by jasonellis »

Although there may be worse disorders to have, suffering from Hyperhidrosis is no day in the park. And many hyperhidrosis sufferers (including myself) will vouch that it can completely consume and ruin any situation.

It’s no exaggeration to say that hyperhidrosis can be devastating. It slowly beats down your self-confidence and simultaneously creates self-consciousness that others around you notice the problem too.

You DO have alternatives though.

Let’s get to the heart of this article and start curing you of this problem right away!

As horrible as hyperhidrosis is, the condition IS treatable. Here I’ll be putting you on the right track to overcoming your excessive sweating by outlining a diet guideline that will steer you clear from encouraging further sweating. Your diet lays the foundation for curing your sweat problem so don’t take these tips lightly. All other excessive sweating treatments build upon these tips.

It’s simple enough. There are eating & drinking habits that encourage sweating and there are others that discourage it. Here, you’ll be learning some of the more prominent sweat inducing culprits. I’ll also show you how you can supplement your diet with items that prevent sweating.

These are proactive measures. They stop the sweating before it starts. They’ll require you to use less deodorant and spend less time engaging in sweat stopping home remedies. These tips don’t put out the fire. They prevent it to begin with.

So, let’s start with the bad news first. Here’s all the stuff you should NOT be eating and drinking. They promote perspiration and wreak havoc on your hyperhidrosis.

Things to Avoid:

Garlic – I give all you Italian food lovers out there my condolences. I used to LOVE eating linguini with white clam sauce. Of course an hour after the meal, my palms, face and shirt would explode with sweat bombs. It took a while before I put two and two together but after a little research I came up with the reason.

I’m going to get pretty fancy here with my medical explanation. Ready? ;)

Garlic's strong smelling sulfur compounds are metabolized, forming allyl methyl sulfide. Allyl methyl sulfide (AMS) cannot be digested and is passed into the blood. From there, it’s carried to the lungs and the skin, where it is excreted.

Your body throws the garlic waste out your skin and breath – hence “garlic breath”. This is like putting your hyperhidrosis on steroids with the bonus of body odor. Not so good.

Onions – Depending on the strength of the onions you’re eating, you may sweat a lot or just a little. No matter what though – you’ll sweat! The pungency of onions has a heating effect that increases your circulation. This is what raises body temperature and causes sweating.

This effect is actually helpful in lowering fevers and sweating out colds and flu. For you, however, it’ll just feed the flame. Curve your onion eating until you get a grip on your sweating problem through other means.

Caffeine – It’s found in coffee, tea, cola drinks, energy drinks, cocoa and chocolate, nonprescription drugs and prescription drugs, weight-control aids, and a variety of other commonly consumed items. Tea is the ONLY exception to this rule and I’ll get to that in a bit. Other than tea, stay away for a while.

The link between caffeine and your sweating is probably obvious to you already. It’s a stimulant, raising blood pressure, increasing circulation and heartbeat. Your body is a machine, running at a constant 98.6 degrees. Speed up the parts and you’ll heat up the machine.

Your morning coffee is enough to raise your internal body temperature and dampen your shirt in no time. I know it might be tough for some of you coffee drinkers and soda addicts out there, but try to cut out the caffeine at least for a little while.

Spicy Foods – Peppers and spicy dishes are blatant offenders. They cause increased sweating by speeding up your metabolism (much like caffeine). Do yourself a favor and cut them out as well. Chances are, if you suffer from hyperhidrosis, you’re already aware of the effect hot wings have on your underarms. Yikes!

Alcohol – This is a HUGE No No. Let me just say one quick thing about drinking with hyperhidrosis. When my sweaty hands were at their worst, I actually found drinking a few beers to be helpful. When I’d drink a little, my hands actually seemed to dry up. I attributed this to the alcohol relaxing me and helping my anxiety induced perspiration. Turned out I was VERY WRONG.

Alcohol dehydrates your body at first. That’s why you find yourself going to the bathroom so much when you drink. Your body is flushing out all of its fluids. However, this is only the first stage. After that, your body temperature begins to climb causing the acceleration of fluids to be flushed from your sweat pores as well.

Now, let’s talk about what you SHOULD be eating and drinking…

Things to Consume:

Drink Plenty of Water – So many people get confused by this advice. They think if they drink more water, they’ll have that much more to sweat out. Actually, drinking lots of cool water will lower your internal body temperature, keeping the sweat at bay. I recommend at least 8 big glasses of water a day. Others suggest even more. I know this advice might be hard to swallow (yes pun intended – sorry :) . The thought of trading your excessive sweating problem for a case of persistent urination isn’t ideal. However, you’ll need to compromise a few extra bathroom breaks to manage your hyperhidrosis.

Sage Tea – Sage Tea contains very high levels of tannic acid ( a natural astringent). By drinking tea, even hot tea, you’ll fill your body with this natural antiperspirant and prevent sweating from the inside out. It’s a systemic approach towards controlling hyperhidrosis. I will say, however, you’ll want to drink about two cups a day for at least a week to start reaping the benefits. Try it out.

Fruits – They’ll help you stop sweating AND they’re incredibly healthy. It’s a win-win. Fruits contain about 80% water. This attributes to their cooling effect. Get a healthy amount of fruit everyday (I’m a green apple maniac myself) and feel the results fast. I recommend at least 4 servings of fruit every day.

Olive Oil – Your body requires almost no effort to digest olive oil and this is where the power lies. By substituting olive oil in your diet, you’ll be using your digest system more efficiently allowing it to create less heat in your body. Additionally, olive oil is a healthy fat that lowers cholesterol AND blood pressure. These two factors will also cut down on your sweating.

Whole Grains – Trade your normal white bread intake for whole grain bread. By cutting down on your processed sugar, you’ll lose weight which can help quite a bit. But that’s not the real secret of whole grains. They contain loads of B Vitamins which allow your body to function more efficiently, requiring less effort. Less effort means less heat and less heat means less sweating for you.

Other foods that are jam packed with B Vitamins include proteins (fish, eggs, meat, and nuts) and vegetables (avocados, peas, sweet potatoes, carrots).

Calcium – It’s easy enough to integrate into your daily eating regimen. Besides, calcium intake is crucial. You should really be doing this already. Get plenty of orange juice, milk, yogurt, light cheese, beans and spinach to ensure you’re filling up on your required intake.

Calcium helps hyperhidrosis by helping your body cope with stress and nervousness. It’s no surprise that these two emotions are heavily linked with anxiety induced perspiration. Fill up on calcium to cut down on sweat.

jordybb

Post by jordybb »

fruits help a lot in hyperhidrosis so have Lots and lots of fruit. People have been telling you this since you were a wee tot. If you’re still not eating enough, start NOW.
The benefits of this miraculous creation are too numerous to list here, but fruit is an integral part of the Mechanic Method to stop underarm sweating.

There are eight B Vitamins which together form what’s called B-Complex Vitamins. You have to provide these nutrients to your body so that it can efficiently carry out important processes without having to work too hard.B vitamins serve many purposes within your body. For our purpose (to stop underarm sweating) the most vital purposes it’s responsible for are maintaining efficient (i.e. easy and “stress” free) metabolic functioning and inter-nerve communication.

Magnify Your Magnesium:
Magnesium plays a role in hundreds of chemical processes in the body. Mainly it helps with metabolic and nerve functioning, keeping heart rhythm steady, and strengthening the immune system.

Count on Calcium

Calcium promotes communication among nerve endings and is therefore essential to helping your body cope with stress and nervousness. If this is the first time you’re hearing this, it can be a little overwhelming. Once you get used to it, it’ll be easy. Not only are these foods treatments for underarm sweating and hyperhidrosis, they also promote health in general, and will make you feel great.
Also, you'll notice that some foods appear on multiple lists. In general fruits, veggies, beans, nuts, and leafy greens are VERY good for your body.
They make your metabolism, SNS, and other internal processes run much more smoothly and easily.

these are the ceratin ways to prevent hyperhidrosis...