~12 trials in and still no success

Dermadry, Drionic, Fischer, Hidroxa, Idrostar and Homemade Machines.
golfer

~12 trials in and still no success

Post by golfer »

Hi all,

I have really bad palmar and plantar hyperhidrosis and i managed to convince my parents to get me an iontophoresis machine (RA fischer).

I put some baking soda in it to help with the current but i still need to go to like 7/10 on the dial to get to 15 mA. I guess i'll start putting more, and maybe that will help. I really want this to work because i have trouble believing that it works for some people but not others. maybe my hands/feet are just worse than everyone elses?

I do it every other day for 40 minutes (hands and feet, two sessions, reversing polarity every 10 minutes) and still to no avail, my hands and feet are sweating just as much as ever.

Should i be doing it every day? My mom advised me to follow the instructions relgigiously and not overload so i've been listening to her and only do it every other day but i'm desperate for results. This will be a paradigm shift in my life if this works. I would be ecstatic and might possibly be the happiest kid alive. a 22 year old kid that would go out to the bars asap and buy drinks for everyone.

golfer

Re: ~12 trials in and still no success

Post by golfer »

i've read a lot that the magic number is 10 trials for it to work so i'm getting anxious that it might have no effect on me.

superyou

Post by superyou »

Ten treatments was the point where my sweating stopped (after doing it every other day). Be patient and do follow the instructions. Stick with it until, say, 20 treatments. Then, if it's not working, try again doing the treatments daily, or every third day. Or, try just doing your feet. Or try adding more baking soda. Good luck!

nicole12

Post by nicole12 »

I also tried using the MD-2 machine without much success. Have you tried using any deodorants?
I now use an antiperspirant called Driclor. You can buy this at a pharmacy. I put this on my hands at night time and put my hands in gloves to stop the Driclor rubbing off. I find I only need to do this every two weeks or so to stop my sweating.
If the iontophoresis machine doesn't work I would suggest this.
Good luck! :)

superyou

Post by superyou »

It would be great if you would write about your use of Driclor in the Antiperspirant section of this forum. I think many people would like to read about your success with it.

-Robert