Excellent videos and outlines on how to make a homemade iontophoresis machine

Dermadry, Drionic, Fischer, Hidroxa, Idrostar and Homemade Machines.
admin
Site Admin

Excellent videos and outlines on how to make a homemade iontophoresis machine

Post by admin »

Videos:

The below videos are worth watching prior to getting ETS, since they show you how to make your own iontophoresis machine very cheaply. If these machines give you decent results, it is probably worth purchasing the higher-end products.

Shannon Bowling's original videos:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Cc0pj2tf6_4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjPTacmAi3o

More recent video by Jason Ellis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOQfjZ9-Akw

Outlines and studies with photos:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6243828/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4812886/

mowrey1999

video and home made machine

Post by mowrey1999 »

Just wanted to say as a person who has hyperhydrosis for 50 years mainly hands and feet but ,I have tried antiperpersperants and oral meds with not much luck, I did have some success with the rubinol but felt it made me a little dizzy at times and since I work outside in the summer didnt want to faint or something from it . and I dont like taking any thing when it comes to drugs any way .
So I had been thinking about buying the drionic since I wanted to try a cheap method before shelling out money I dont really have and for something that may not work,
I was looking thru the forum and came across the you tube videos and thought maybe since this is the same principle if this had some success even limited success maybe I would go with the drionic if these methods showed any sign of working ,
So I watched the video showing the home made iontophoresis machine so I figured what the heck , I have been to my doctor and have taken every drug know to man almost with mixed results .the best result was the rubinol for me.
Next, I went to the store and bought 4 -6 volt batteries as in the videos, 3 pie pans and 6 alligator clips and about 3 foot of wire.
I tested the batteries with my test meter and everything tested with around 6.3 volts pretty much the same as the video, Then I placed 3 batteries in a series like the video and hooked the leads to my pie pan filled with water and tested the current which came to around 19 volts total with the 3 batteries in a series, When I placed my hands in the water it made me cringe since I guess the shock wasnt extreme but felt a little to much for me any way so I ended up only hooking up 2 batteries in a series which was around 12.7 volts and when I put my hands in the water I could feel the current but only for about 2 seconds and then it just felt like your hands are in the water,
I kept my hands in the water for 15 minutes and I used hot water then took hands out of water, switched the leads to opposite pans or plus to minus I guess you could say and then placed my hands again in the water for another 15 minutes,
Both times when my hands were in the water I could feel a tingling sensation at times or if you have a cut some irritation but noting unbearable.
The other thing I noticed was using the pie pans it felt like any where your hands were touching the pan on your wrists you would get a slight burning sensation but of coarse nothing severe just a tingle at times,
After the 30 minutes I removed my hands and put my trays and batteries up, To my surprise that evening my hands were 50 % dry which is very rare for me , and the next day stayed that way all day , So Now after 1 day I figured maybe this might have some validity or might even work and not cost much, so the next day since I wanted to make some improvements I decided to wrap the pie plates in duct tape around the rim so where my wrist touched it wouldnt tingle so hooked up the batteries as before and tried 20 minutes with leads positive and then 20 negative, again the next day probably 75% dry even better than before ,Finally after the 3rd day I went again 15 minutes positive 15 negative and hands were about 90% dry all day and night , I havent got over how dry my hands have been since they have never been dry before and especially for around 15 dollars in materials,
Now since I have virtually eliminated my sweating all together I probably wont be buying a dryonic if I can get excellent results for a fraction of the cost and so far so its still working ,
One of the only things I really notice when using batteries is when you put your hands in the water initially you dont feel the current much but when you reverse the polarity and your hands are wet it seems like you get a surge of voltage in your hands maybe because your palms are soaked but its only for about 2 seconds and then you only feel a slight tingle occasionally and with the duct tape around the perimeter of the aluminum plate no burning sensation or tingling on your wrist,
Well I just thought I would share this with others who might want to try something before spending 150.00 dollaers on a dryonic because if this doesnt have much effect it may not do much for you buying the higher priced unit. But in my case it worked and is still working and I will be trying to figure a way to maybe use a different type of plate and improve the original design and also figure a way to have current off and maybe be able to place your hands in the water and then turn on the current gradually until your up to 12.7 volts .In may case the 12.7 volts or 2 -6 volt batteries are plenty of current for my hands and maybe the 3 -6 volt batteries on the feet but havent tried that yet and will have to up date later , Just wanted to give my results on a cheap alternative that worked for me and any one who has a question just ask I would be happy to help or tell you what I can, DM

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hey mowrey, thanks a lot for your excellent writeup and I am very happy that you got results!

I am using HIDREX right now and it seems like I am starting to see results after almost two week of treatments.

On the main page, we have several separate forums for iontophoresis devices where you can give your advice too.

If you want, I can set up a page on my site in future where you can post a picture of your improved machine.

Thanks again for the great work.
Last edited by admin on Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sweaty-me

Post by sweaty-me »

Administrator - It has been a month since your post about using the Hidrex machine, I am interested in knowing your results.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi sweaty-me, it gave me excellent results and continues to do so! I am pretty amazed that it worked so well. I made a page on it:

https://www.no-ets.com/hidrex-hyperhidrosis.html

madelaine

Post by madelaine »

I am new on this forum and don't know english so well, sorry. I want to ask you something. I read that those who try other alternative like surgery, ..., solve problem on their hand, for example, but after that had problems with sweat in other places, like foot, face. is the iontophoresis diffrent? does'n make the same problems, solve in one place to apear in other? thanks!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Madelaine, welcome to the forums.

For me, the iontophoresis cured my excess feet sweating, but I don't see excess sweat anywhere else.

ETS surgery almost always increases sweating elsewhere.

madelaine

Post by madelaine »

Thank you for your answer! I am thinking to buy a iontophoresis machine.
Can you tell me what's the best?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Madelaine, I tried the Drionic and Hidrex PS 500. Drionic did not work. Hidrex has worked amazingly well, but I have only been using it for two months.

madelaine

Post by madelaine »

Thank you very much! Hope to solve this problem.

Rahul

How to make actual iontophoresis machine in home

Post by Rahul »

Hello people ....... I am also a palmar and foot hyperhidrosis petient since my early childhood . Now i am 22 and a software engg. Gs its really feels terrible to be a petient of sweat . I even once tried to commit socide .
Gs don't mind my english is not so good . Here is the tips for you all , this method works in my case and i am sure it will work for you all. Buy two adaptetrs of 6 volts each or buy one single adapter of 12 volts . You can use upto 24 volts for your body . Adapter must be ac to dc . Than purchase one fuse of 100mA And a resistence of 1k ohms ( for 12 volts adapter) . A multimeter , and two plates of copper of your palm size .

use blade and cut the adapter wire so that two individual wire which is present in wire should come out than chech the output voltage and ampere value with multimeter . For human being the tolreble voltage ( volts) is 24 v and tolerable current ( ampere ) is 25 milli ampere . By checking with multimeter you will find voltage value is appropriate but current value is in ampere not in milliampere ( 1 ampere = 1000 milliampere ) there for in one wire from the two wire of adapter add a resistor of 1 killo ohms . ( Volatge = current* resistence) . You can use any value of resistence as per your requirement , by using that formula . Now after adding resistor of 1 k ohms in 12 v adapter you are getting 12 milli ampere current . Now add a 100 milli ampere fuse on the other wire for your safty . Now use two alligater clips on two end of the wire and pass it to the copper plate . I use 100 mA Fuse because generally in market less than this value fuse is not available . If you can get 30mA fuse it will be good .
You can also adjust voltage by increasing adapters and amperes by using appropriate resistor . Guys blv me it changed my life and there is no need to buy a costly iontophoresis machine just make this machine as i advised you . K thanks god bless .

surfingthevoid

Re: How to make actual iontophoresis machine in home

Post by surfingthevoid »

Rahul wrote:Hello people ....... I am also a palmar and foot hyperhidrosis petient since my early childhood . Now i am 22 and a software engg. Gs its really feels terrible to be a petient of sweat . I even once tried to commit socide .
Gs don't mind my english is not so good . Here is the tips for you all , this method works in my case and i am sure it will work for you all. Buy two adaptetrs of 6 volts each or buy one single adapter of 12 volts . You can use upto 24 volts for your body . Adapter must be ac to dc . Than purchase one fuse of 100mA And a resistence of 1k ohms ( for 12 volts adapter) . A multimeter , and two plates of copper of your palm size .

use blade and cut the adapter wire so that two individual wire which is present in wire should come out than chech the output voltage and ampere value with multimeter . For human being the tolreble voltage ( volts) is 24 v and tolerable current ( ampere ) is 25 milli ampere . By checking with multimeter you will find voltage value is appropriate but current value is in ampere not in milliampere ( 1 ampere = 1000 milliampere ) there for in one wire from the two wire of adapter add a resistor of 1 killo ohms . ( Volatge = current* resistence) . You can use any value of resistence as per your requirement , by using that formula . Now after adding resistor of 1 k ohms in 12 v adapter you are getting 12 milli ampere current . Now add a 100 milli ampere fuse on the other wire for your safty . Now use two alligater clips on two end of the wire and pass it to the copper plate . I use 100 mA Fuse because generally in market less than this value fuse is not available . If you can get 30mA fuse it will be good .
You can also adjust voltage by increasing adapters and amperes by using appropriate resistor . Guys blv me it changed my life and there is no need to buy a costly iontophoresis machine just make this machine as i advised you . K thanks god bless .
Awesome advice, do you have a photo of how you did this mate?

Cheers