Pacemaker after ETS... anyone?

gybek

Pacemaker after ETS... anyone?

Post by gybek »

I am 28 and had ETS done when I was about 16. I was never told about the possible side effects... Everything was fine for a couple of years, basically... but, then, of course, just a few years after that, "bam!" I wake up one day and I feel like I am going to die... my bp and pulse decided to take a dump.. as well as, I have sinus arrhythmia, along with short "flutters" of my heart that happen randomly and really really make me feel uneasy, (as the best way to put it mildly). Honestly each time it makes me feel like I'm going to drop dead from an arrhythmia attack My bp is around 110/70 during active day, and, generally, my daily, (waking) resting pulse is about 50. At night (in bed), however, it drops further... the bp has gone to as low as 95/50 and the pulse... ah, around 45 and sometimes even a bit lower. Needless to say, I am a bit concerned if this is to get "worse" than it already is. I want to look into a pacemaker as an option to help alleviate my worry and issue with my bp/pulse when I go to sleep at night, as well as the "flutter" attacks I get often. Course, at 28 I am quite active and, hopefully, have a long life ahead of me. :shock: I don't want to further hinder or risk the quality of life I have now by doing another dramatic procedure, if not needed at present. I work as a model and actor as well, so I am in front of the camera, I am curious about scaring, etc, (as the least of my concerns, but still one of them).

huntrj40

Re: Pacemaker after ETS... anyone?

Post by huntrj40 »

i had the surgery and have now a pacemaker as a result of the surgery my number is 803-309-8972 RJ if you want to talk.

iDry

Post by iDry »

What part or level of the Sympathetic chain did your surgeon cut?

huntrj40

Post by huntrj40 »

first surgery t-1 thur t-4, then a redo same.

iDry

Post by iDry »

I can see he even cut T-1 which is not commont now.

I hope everything will go ok with you and may you find health and hapiness in your life.

Thank you very much :) ...