2 years after ETS

Larysa183

2 years after ETS

Post by Larysa183 »

I posted a while back just after I had ETS surgery. I would now like to update everyone after I had the treatment done. I can't believe I waited so long to get this surgery done, honestly it has actually changed my life. I can now shake people's hands without worrying about what they will think, I can now write without ripping the paper!! What a relief. I was so worried when I had read these posts but I have had no problems at all and I am so glad I took the chance to have the surgery done. I have a wonderful boyfriend who used to hold my hand even though it was dripping with sweat and he wouldn't complain at all.. the only time he got unhappy was when I apologised to him for my sweaty hands because he knew it really affected me. I'd love to be able to go back in time and slap those bullies with my nice dry hands :)

I suggest if you are considering the surgery, if hyperhidrosis is really affecting you (like it did for me) then you should go for it but consider the consequences if it didn't go to plan. But I can honestly say it has changed my life and I have no regrets!

Larysa183

Re: 2 years after ETS

Post by Larysa183 »

Sorry I forgot to add the disadvantages of my surgery...

I occasionally do have a bit of face sweating and I have noticed this is when I eat certain foods, (chocolate, sour foods and cheese :/) and when I am exercising my right side does start to sweat but to be honest it's nothing compared to how I used to sweat.. and it is normal for your body to sweat during exercise anyway.

That is all :)

iDry

Post by iDry »

Thank you for the information and I am really glad your life has changed. I cannot imagine how it feels like to wake up, go to school or work and hang out with people without getting worried and stressed about the palmar hh.

I can see that there is a lot variance in the results of the ETS. I wanted to ask you something because I am considering the surgery soon.

Did you have the Surgery to cure your Palmar Hyperhidrosis ONLY? If yes. what level of the Sympathetic Chain did the Surgeon cut? and when exactly did you do it?

Waiting your reply as soon as possible beacuse I might have the surgery in a month or so !!

Thank you very much :)

Larysa183

Post by Larysa183 »

Hi, I had it done just over 2 years ago now. It was for palmar only! I'm not too sure on which surgery it was but I have minor scars.
Good luck :D

Larysa183

Post by Larysa183 »

Hi just to add onto my previous post, the surgery I had done was Endoscopic Thoracic Sympathectomy.

iDry

Post by iDry »

thank you for replying. yes I know its called endoscopic thoracic sympathectomy, wanted to know which ganglion u got cut, thabk you anyway :)

Larysa183

Post by Larysa183 »

Yeah sorry, I was looking through my paper work but it doesn't tell me anything about the exact surgery I had done.