ETS

redfern1950s

ETS

Post by redfern1950s »

Hi,
I have a blog on another page, basically going on about 'oxybutynin'.
Whilst ive been doing some research, since ive only just being diagnosed after 17 years of living with hellish life ruining illness, i started to look at 'ETS'...
while it works for some and for others it made the condition worse 'complimentory sweating' ..ive come to realize that most who have had this surgery have sweating issue's appear else where..., after the operation..
While i was looking into it, i came across some basic information : not sure if this is true, but this invasive surgery ETS, was first pioneered in sweden, but for some reason, it is now 'out lawed' there, and also in japan.........as i say, im not sure if this is true, i will keep digging for info..
If it is true, why is it out lawed ?.............., is there any one out there who could elaberate on this ?, because im thinking it was out lawed because of its complications, i dont really know.
Ive also read some where, that private surgeons who specialize in ETS, say that 'oxybutynin' and other systemic medicens are not up to the job, but then after the operation, if the sweating re-appears, they then prescribe 'oxybutynin.
All i can say to some one is thinking of this surgery, do your home work, dont leave any stone un=turned seek a 2nd opinion, but firstly talk to your GP, stressing any concerns.........,
i sweat through out the night all over , then through out the day, i have no under lying illness, but mine started soon after or around the time i had an accident resulting in head & spinal injury..., As mentioned above, ive only just found out what is wrong with me after many years of hiding away,
The diagnosis was : episodic hypothermia with hyperhidrosis.
i dont get hot, i sweat from head to toe 24/7 this then freezes on me, then hypothermia kicks in, it starts with shivering, then i end up shaking out of control ending up on the floor !, ive always said to my GP, "i feel like ive got hypothermia" i was always sent away/fobbed of, Up untill my hospital visit a couple of months ago (hypothermia attack).. i was none the wiser to what was wrong, and just put up with it, basically hiding away for the last ten years....... no life at all.. all it took was a doctor to recognixe what was wrong, a doctor who knew what they where doing.
I was prescribed 'oxybutynin' straight away....... it kind of worked for me, it did work brilliantly to start with ( 3 tablets a day ) then it decided not to work, so the dose went upto 4 a day......, now they dont work at all, but please understand i have a severe form of this, that comes from brain damage or spinal injury.
If you have no under lying illness, and suffer from 'primary HH' or 'focal HH' or even 'secondary HH'......., i recommend 'oxybutynin' before you try ETS..
All the very best......, dont give up.....