Sweating has returned to my right hand

steve_nf

Sweating has returned to my right hand

Post by steve_nf »

Hi all, I just want to say that some sweating has returned to my right hand. It started about 6 months ago, but I've just been noticing it more recently. My right hand can get really clammy and cold in nervous situations. This kind of makes me feel insecure just like before ETS. I really thought this surgery would eliminate all of my hands sweating. I still am left with a trace of the insecure feeling before shaking a person's hand.

I'm not really sure whether this surgery was worth getting. My left hand is like 98% dry, but my right hand is probably like 70% dry. I can't use touchpads or touchscreen phones with my right hand, it's still enough sweat to get in the way :(. It's amazing how just little sweat can still cause so much distress. My right hand gets so cold when in a room with AC. It makes me kind of uncomfortable, and I still am self-conscious about giving people handshakes.

So, I'm not sure if it was worth it. I can't sweat from my nipple line up anymore, and my dandruff/flaky scalp problem got significantly worst post-ETS. Also, I develop pimply bumps whenever I shave my face now. It really bothers me when I look at pictures of people sweating from their face, like at the gym or playing sports. I used to be able to sweat from my face, now I can't really. I'm only 19, please don't tell me I've made a big mistake. Maybe I should have gave iontophoresis a more whole-hearted shot. God I was just so depressed with myself at the time.

Well, what can you do? I made the decision, I can't change that. I thought it was logical to get the surgery, I read all the negative comments about ETS, the yuku forum, and decided to go for it anyway. Maybe I have forgotten how bad my sweaty palms were. Well, life goes on. At least I still have 2 arms and 2 legs, right?

Thanks for listening, I do appreciate it :)

iDry

Re: Sweating has returned to my right hand

Post by iDry »

Hey,

Sorry to hear about your problem. I still think you should not panic. Having at least a dry hand a 70% dry hand is good. I wanted to ask you though:

Did you have the surgery aiming to cure ONLY Palmar Hyperhydrosis? or did you want to cure Facial Hyperhydrosis also?

What level of the Sympathetic chain did your surgeon cut? and What about Consempatory Hyperhydrosis?

Your Information will help me. I know how Palmar Hyperhydrosis feels since I was 6 years old, and I need to take a final decision for what am going for.

Thank you,