Using aluminium chloride to threat ets cs

flip

Using aluminium chloride to threat ets cs

Post by flip »

Hi!

Like many people I'm having debilitating compensatory sweating from ets.

Sweating is mainly from nipplea to knees.

I got some 30% aluminium chloride gel from my Doctor.

I was wondering if anyone has been succesfull in lowering CS with this kind of gel? (Or with drysol, I believe they act the same way).

I have been using the gel for a few days and I can only feel a very mild improvements, and only from the kind of sweating that occurs when I do light activities like walking. When the temperature gets hot it doesn't have its effect anymore.

Also, I'm concerned about something. I understand that compensatory sweating on my lower body is due.to the fact tha my upper body can't dissipate heat efficiently. Therefore, if I manage to lower sweating on my back and trunk (that's where I am putting the gel), will it make me sweat even more from my butt and legs? Because then I would not sweat from my head and shoulders (from ets) nor from my back and trunc (from the gel), so my body's only way to regulate my temperature would be from my butt and my legs...?

That scares me so I would like to know if anyone has some experience with those gels.

Thank you!

wannabedry66

Re: Using aluminium chloride to threat ets cs

Post by wannabedry66 »

hey i know this post is old but did you have any luck with your gel putting it on the trunk and back? because i have really bad post ets cs too and i had drysol and put it on my chest and stomach with some success. but i stopped using it because the redness and burning was insane. maybe i used too much though and should have built up slowly. Im curious how it worked for you did you have hydrosal or what kind? Im now in a much more hot and humid climate than my last time using my drysol so I will try again now and then let you know how it goes . good luck , by the way this CS thing has pretty much ruined my life , its been 11 years since surgery now and im now 40 and suffering major depression and career problems because of it!!

AllSweaty

Post by AllSweaty »

I would also like to know if someone controlled their CS with deodorants containing aluminium chloride?

greene57

Post by greene57 »

I use Driclor around my neck, shoulders, chest, stomach and back to treat CS. Obviously I do not use Driclor as recommended and do not know the long term effects of using the product in these areas. I discussed how I used Driclor with my general practitioner who could provide no advice regarding any possible long term side effects. However I simply don't care what the long term effects may be in my case because of my drastically improved quality of life. After approx 16 years of appalling CS post ETS (dripping neck was the worst), I have finally had some control of CS for the past 3 years. My neck and shoulders no longer sweat. My upper back sweats a little but not too badly. My chest is quite dry. There has been little to no impact on CS on my lower back or stomach. I have CS around the groin and back of the knees but have not Driclor there. The current side effects I experience are significant itchiness/sensation of burning, especially around the neck and chest where I understand the skin is thinner. These side effects last about an hour or two after applying.

Viking

Post by Viking »

Never tried 30 percent....did not even know it exists. Anyone have good results?

bennet

Post by bennet »

greene57 wrote:I use Driclor around my neck, shoulders, chest, stomach and back to treat CS. Obviously I do not use Driclor as recommended and do not know the long term effects of using the product in these areas. I discussed how I used Driclor with my general practitioner who could provide no advice regarding any possible long term side effects. However I simply don't care what the long term effects may be in my case because of my drastically improved quality of life. After approx 16 years of appalling CS post ETS (dripping neck was the worst), I have finally had some control of CS for the past 3 years. My neck and shoulders no longer sweat. My upper back sweats a little but not too badly. My chest is quite dry. There has been little to no impact on CS on my lower back or stomach. I have CS around the groin and back of the knees but have not Driclor there. The current side effects I experience are significant itchiness/sensation of burning, especially around the neck and chest where I understand the skin is thinner. These side effects last about an hour or two after applying.
Controlled for 3 years sounds facsinating...Do you still use it now? Any side effect occur?