ETS side effects ... is it PREJUDICED

iiS

ETS side effects ... is it PREJUDICED

Post by iiS »

Hi Everybody

I spent the last few weeks reading about the side effects of ETS,, and I wanted to share it with you my thoughts about it...

First, I don't know why many look at HH on its own. I view HH is only one of the many symptoms which results from hyper activity in the sympathetic nerve (HASN). I believe that ETS is more incline to be "psychiatric" procedure. Some studies related the HASN to circumstances which occurred in persons childhood, including insecurity, absent relation with parents, much responsibility during childhood, growth in an isolated environment ...etc etc (see http://herkules.oulu.fi/isbn9514274571/ ... 274571.pdf). But what about other symptoms as social phobia, anxiety, stage fright, and may be other symptoms as increased pulse/heart rate (panic attacks) when under observation by others, as wee as disturbed sleeping I can just describe it as " unrested state". I rarely find someone talking about. I believe if someone only have HH without the other symptoms, s/he need not do ETS, because s/he is bold enough to face everyday challenges.

Second, nothing here is scientific, just from my own readings of reviews, experiences, and studies. I thought of writing this because I found that many of the side effects people are talking about I already had during some point/time in my life, though I did not undergo ETS , which indicates that ETS side effects may be wronged …

In summary, I felt that numerous posters are pushing every problem they face in their lives after the ETS to be the result of ETS procedure.

• Loss of hair:
People forget the aging factor. I personally starting loosing hair since I was 21. During age of (21-22), I lost 35% of my hair.., then in age of 36-38 I lost about 15%. I did have ETS..??
Loss of hair depends on many factors, including age, genetics, psychological and stress.
No scientific evidence linking that to ETS.
Dr Telaranta reported only less grease of the hair after the surgery.

• Back pain:
Back pain may result from a lot of factors aging, work type (e.g. office work and long sitting hours), improper handling of heavy things, holding heavy weighted items, long time of standing (e.g. in security) and genetics/ inheritance.
I personally had a chronic lower back from age of 28 till 35.. because of genetics, triggered by mistakenly holding a very heavy item for some time and because of sitting for up to 14 hours sometimes at work.
This can happen to anyone.

• Compensatory Sweating:
We all know it is true,, we all know it,, but nothing is free,, its either your hand will sweat or your trunk or other…
Though I have read a couple of studies (one of them available on this web), that T4 clamping overcomes this side effect. This is important. I don’t know why some people are still doing cutting or burning and at different levels than the T4.

• Gustatory Sweating:
True,, but also,, its part of the trade off, however I did not read about if this can be also lowered by T4 clamping…

• Dizzy / fatigue:
I read about it, but some doctors claimed it is “possible” when T2 is cut but not possible when T4 is clamped. No scientific evidence.

• Sweating while sleeping:
people say often wake up drenched.
The good news that I didn’t do ETS, and I often wake up drenched. This depends on the weather you are living in. Let’s admitted we are more affected by weather.

• Decreased libido:
I am saying it again,, I feel that people after doing the ETS link every bad thing that happen in their lives to ETS. All of us had ups and downs in this.. its about many factors during your life, happiness, stress, your partner, feelings, mode..etc.

• Depression
Possible,, if you are not convinced about ETS… you will feel that it spoiled your life. But is it directly linked to ETS… does ETS cause it automatically.. I think someone who did the ETS can say a word about that.
But please also remember the depression of hiding your hands and avoid people.

• Some sites mentioned:
“Eyelids swell and look puffy, turn a little red, and eye twitches from time to time.”
 Anyone can have these effects, you and me had this for sure,, to me this sound that someone who didn’t have enough sleep, which every on in the 6 billion human beings had in the world had at least one time in life.

• Stomach problems; oh man .. this is too much.. no comment

• Nose waters during exercise or any heavy physical activity: no comment

I think the most important effects and which need feedback from those who did the operation would be:

- Heart wellness and pacemaker: no idea .. but this is very serious IF TRUE
- Energy metabolism: no idea. But I asked few people who did ETS specifically about it and they mentioned that they did not have problem with that.

Not to forget that persons with successful procedure don’t come back to write their stories,, because either they get busy with life or may be no longer bother.

I appreciate that people who had the ETS would correct me if I am wrong and add to this post and put their “realistic” experiences of side effects.

Deadboy

Re: ETS side effects ... is it PREJUDICED

Post by Deadboy »

Wow, you have an answer for everything. Sure sounds like you've done all your research. Good luck with that surgery. When is the big day? It will be the best thing for you and will cure all of your problems. Be sure to keep us all posted on how well everything works out for you, especially a few years down the road. God Bless.

http://www.truthaboutets.com
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endoscopic ... pathectomy
http://verysweatybetty.com/2010/06/how- ... l-reading/

iiS

Re: ETS side effects ... is it PREJUDICED

Post by iiS »

Hi everybody,
I had my ETB surgery on August 2012. I will be posting my experience very soon.
Thanks..

PLEASE SEE my post http://www.no-ets.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1235