Going for ETS surgery at 17th September.

Robopanda

Going for ETS surgery at 17th September.

Post by Robopanda »

So yeah, I am a hyperhidrosis patient just like everyone else here, I have been through what you guys have been through, the usual awkward handshake with people, avoiding Hi-5s, exam papers getting soaked :| and what not. I have tried iontophoresis , I think I butchered the spelling but whatever, it wasn't uncomfortable but the fact that it only lasts for a day for me , sometimes not at all, my eyes and throat will be super dry and not to mention the constant visits to the hospital just to get the treatment done, unfortunately the machine isn't for sale in my country , Singapore.

I heard of botox and heard that it works for quite some time too, it only lasts for quite a few months and also I heard that it is very painful? So I didn't actually went for botox and not to mention the fact that it's BOTOX. BOTOX is never good for you, well at least in my opinion. UGH.

So I decided to go for ETS surgery at 17th September, I know there are complications but this is the last resort, every surgery has it's complications and if you were to want to live a happier life, I am willing to take the gamble due to the fact that the surgery has evolved from it's past failures like waaaaaaay back and also.. every surgery is a gamble. I'm sure all of you guys have reached to the point of breaking down till to hyperhidrosis.

So starting by sharing the experience before getting prepared for surgery since none of you have undergo any sort of surgery (Thank god), okay so before the whole surgery can even be done on me, the doctors have to check a few things, firstly, there's the consultation, during this period right, SPAM THE DOCTOR WITH ALL SORTS OF QUESTIONS YOU HAVE, just SPAM the heck out of him, I even wanted to say things like " Do you have children? " , just to you know .. tell him that my future is in his hands and if he went to cut the wrong nerve and what not, he would be ruining the child of another family, but don't say that. Secondly, the dreaded blood tests, I went for two blood tests to check whether I am able to go for surgery, it only hurt the first time but the second time was not painful at all and the pain isn't THAT painful, the important thing is to relax. Lastly, I went for a chest x-ray or something , since my lungs will be deflated during the surgery. That's all that is done before the surgery, OH and also the chat with the person who puts you to sleep during the surgery.

I will be posting again after my surgery because I want to share my experience with you guys, we are all on the same boat here, we suffered the same humiliation as everyone else did.

Wish me luck for my surgery. HOPEFULLY I will lead a much much much happier and sweat free life.
Stay tuned!

Jhmn

Re: Going for ETS surgery at 17th September.

Post by Jhmn »

How did your surgery go? I had ets 5 years ago and it was a success. I was a new drier person.

Robopanda

Post by Robopanda »

Hi there! :) I am glad that your surgery turned out to be a success too.
Erm, so far till now my hands are dry, sometimes they get a little bit too try but I ain't complaining (LIKE THANK GOD) .
My hands DO sweat a little bit but it is normal as said by the doctor.
It's impossible to eliminate all the sweating and it isn't a good thing to do so either.

sweatpalmer

Post by sweatpalmer »

Hi Robopanda,

im your fellow country mate.
can i ask which doctor did your op?

also which T's did you have cut?