Happy with results

Happy with results

Post by Guest »

I had ETS in 2002 for hand sweat and am happy with results. I get lot of extra sweat in my chest and back, but still happy. Lot of people are happy with this surgery.

biggiefries9506

happy with surgery

Post by biggiefries9506 »

sorry if I take your post with a grain of salt -but how about you give us all your real name and an email so we know you're not an ETS surgeon or associated with one?

countchocula

ETS

Post by countchocula »

just leave ETS alone....the dr's are liars who will do anything to cut people open.

Re: happy with surgery

Post by Guest »

biggiefries9506 wrote:sorry if I take your post with a grain of salt -but how about you give us all your real name and an email so we know you're not an ETS surgeon or associated with one?
Funny how you never got a reply to this... I wouldn't be surprised if there were ALOT of ETS 'doctors' going around to forums and posting fake testimonials like this. Call me crazy but I have a gut feeling it's true. Just like I had a gut feeling I should NOT have had the surgery. Too bad I didn't listen...

mydarling

I know there are happy results

Post by mydarling »

One of my friends told me she got the surgery. Even though she has sweat when she moves a lot or when it is really hot, she is still happy that she did it. That's why I am doing some research on the side effects. Guest is not the only one who is happy w/ the result. People do get more sweat (according to some postings) but as long as the patients can tolerate the side effects, they are happy. There are ppl in pain, like chest pain or sweat even more than before the surgery. I was thinking about having the surgery too. After I read and saw of posting and videos (from news reports), I guess I will take medication for now. I guess I don't have the worst case.

Ashlyn

Post by Ashlyn »

Who was your surgeon?

Carolina

Post by Carolina »

OK for those of you posting about how you think the original post is fake, it could be, but chances are it's not. You can go ahead and delude yourself into thinking that every person who comes out of that surgery is wretched for life, or you can face the facts and accept that the reason that surgery has not been made illegal is because, despite what you think or even wish for, there are a lot of people who thank god they went through the surgery.

I'm not saying that it is the best thing since sliced bread, or that anyone with HH should do it, or that you cannot get bad results from it. All I'm saying is that there are people who are happy with the results, and if you are not one of them, I am very sorry, I accept you must be having a terrible time and that just sucks, but that doesn't make everyone who doesn't feel like you a faker.

I had ETS T3+4 done almost 3 years ago. I know it's not that long ago, and the side effects may not have appeared yet, but I am actually living a full life compared to before, doing things I could never have done before, and i am much happier for it.

I went into surgery after having seen this site first, and all the bad testimonials and all the anti-ETS sites. It was a tough choice but I made it; I researched it and I decided to put myself through it; nobody else. I know doctors don't tell you all the risks, and that is certainly not right, but on the other hand you alone are responsible for your own body, and with the amount of info available out there one should not go through surgery without being well documented. And if you are and it goes wrong, you can blame the doctors all you want but in the end you chose to run the risk.

Just my 2c

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Caroline, this site is not anti-ETS if you read it (start at http://www.no-ets.com) and I am actually hoping for many people to post positive results of ETS. The site aims to discourage surgery till all alternatives are explored. I would appreciate it if you told your story in the my story section of the forums in detail. Three years is long enough a time for you to have decided if you are happy or not.

I will delete all posts that attack you if you are wary of that.

mermie

Post by mermie »

i had ets surgery 16yrs ago for hand and feet sweating cos of raynauds i am happy i had the surgery i do have some problems like dry hands and do use odaban for underarm sweating but i did have this before the op
i am not a dr :wink:
i know a lot of ppl who have lots of sweating post op so as in the other post u have the choice 2 say yes or no
i think every op will never have the same results i guess it depends on how good a surgeon u get on the day