Post ETS - 3 days

warren10

Post ETS - 3 days

Post by warren10 »

Hi,

I recently decided to get ETS done. I had the surgery on Dec 19th 2012. Clamping on both sides.

Background:

- 24 year old male
- Effected area was hands and feet. - degree of sweating was extreme. Often would drip sweat from hands and feet. If i started to sweat in the hands the feet would automatically sweat as well, and vice versa.
- Tried botox for the hands, resulted in 2 months of moderate success.
- used Drysol on regular basis with mild success.

After Surgery:

- when i woke up from the surgery i was completely dry in my hands and feet, with a warm feeling all over ( warmness might have been from morphine or pills given to help with pain)
- 1 day after my hands and feet were still very dry. I experienced compensatory sweating when i went to sleep. When i woke up i was very sweaty on my lower back, buttocks, and all along the back of my legs. My sheets were soaked.

- 2nd day I was still extremely satisfied with the results as my hands and feet were still super dry. The pain was still moderate and had some difficulty breathing, however , the pills i was prescribed took the pain away ( made me very drowsy though).

- day 3.. i woke up with soaked bed sheets.. my feet have started to sweat again , roughly to the same degree as before i got the surgery.. I've noticed my hands have started to sweat as well. Nowhere near as bad as before ETS, just a little moist. More in my right hand than my left. I am starting to worry that my condition will get worse with time. It is winter now and i fear that in the summer i will sweat to a degree far worse than before...

I will update my condition in a month or so.. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Jhmn

Re: Post ETS - 3 days

Post by Jhmn »

I had ets done when I was 25 and hands and armpits quit sweating in the or. I had the nerves cut instead do clamped. My feet still contined to sweat but not as severe. Then this past summer at age 29 I had sub dermal laser ablation to my feet to get rid of sweating. It did not work but I did have to learn to walk again. I am looking for other survivors of this type of surgery. I can sympathize with what I would consider a failure surgery. We have to find the positive in life after having our hopes set so high.