ETS reversal

help7

ETS reversal

Post by help7 »

Hello,

I had ETS surgery in April of 2004. I wish I never had. I like the fact that I don't have to worry about sweaty palms...but I don't think it was worth what I have to deal with now. The compensatory sweating is relentless. I am taking ditropan everyday and it still plagues me. I cannot exercise like I used to be able to. I get overheated before anyone else does. I have severe night sweats. If I get hot or nervous, my back and my front (underneath my breasts and all over my stomach) sweat excessively. It soaks through my shirts. My legs and groin sweat profusely too - they can sweat throught underwear and pants. It's incredibly embarrassing and where I used to only have to worry about my palms and facial blushing, now I am constantly bothered my the side effects. I would warn anyone thinking about ETS to seriously reconsider.

My ETS was covered my my insurance company. I am sure my insurance company would not cover a reversal. I don't know how successful a reversal would be - especially after over 2 years...but I feel I have no choice.

Has anyone out there had a reversal?
Who with?
Was it successful at all?
How much did it cost?
Did your insurance help out with the cost?

Any other information would be incredibly helpful to me.

Thanks in advance for your responses!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi help7,

Check out the information and links provided on this page:

http://no-ets.com/reversal.html

Personally, I don't believe in the efficacy of the reversal procedure, although some testimonials I read were somewhat positive. I don't remember a single patient being really happy though.