ETS Surgery (Sweaty Palms ONLY)

kaerinnn

Re: ETS Surgery (Sweaty Palms ONLY)

Post by kaerinnn »

That sounds wonderful! This made me less fearful of all the side effects that i have heard. Thank you so much for your reply (:
I think I'm going to consult a doctor soon and i shall heed your advice about the burning of t3.

May I ask which hospital you went? who was your surgeon and how much it cost roughly?
Sorry for asking so much questions. >.<

im really grateful that you took your time to share your experience and reply to my questions(:
So glad to have someone who i can relate to my problems to! Thanks! ^^

sweatpalmer

Post by sweatpalmer »

I had PM you the details.

Damnitall

Post by Damnitall »

Hey bro, can you pm me the details too. Many thanks!

cherry

Post by cherry »

Hi everyone, i am glad to have found this website and forum as i am doing my research on ETS. I'm from singapore too and have consulted 2 docs on the surgery.

I am born with sweaty palms and feet but in the last 3 years, my condition has worsened and it is forcing me to seek treatment. I have tried Drichor, Perspirex and anti-histamine medication(this is a common drug prescribed for flu which has some drying properties which could possibly help with sweating), all to little or no success. My aunt has done ETS about 20 years ago and this has made me think of surgey too.

I am scheduled to go for the op on 13th Jan but after reading the forums and horror stories of compensatory sweating, i am starting to re-think if i am truly prepared for the worst. My hands and feet can stay damp and glistening with beads of sweat throughout the day for about 18 hours straight without drying up in an air-con room. Sometimes sweat drips but the duration is for about 1 hour or so. At times, on very good days my hands and feet can remain dry all day and i truly relish these moments. But they hardly happen whenever i'm in a social situation like a business meeting or networking events. I dread attending them because of the obligatory handshakes and the unkind remarks i've received which have affected my confidence and self-esteem.

The doc has warned me of the risks of surgery (bleeding, air leak, chances of nerve re-growth, Horner's syndrome) and the side effects of compensatory sweating. He said my feet sweating could get worse although there is a chance that it could get better too. There are also some scarring from the incisions made. I understand from the consultation that cutting T2 was treatment for sweaty palms and T3 for armpits. However, after reading the forum i will check with the doc if doing T3 alone is possible.

I have not given iontophoresis a try and will probably make one myself to see how it works. I'm in a dilemma whether to postpone or cancel my surgery...I am willing to accept compensatory sweating at my back, chest, abdomen or even thighs but hope it will not be so severe where i could possibly sweat throught the day regardless of the temparature or having my feet sweat like a waterfall. I'm not sure if i'm prepared for these...This decision is such a hard one to make and ive never been so vexed before..

lyxx07

Post by lyxx07 »

Hello! How was your body right now? Getting worst or normal(compensatory sweating)? I also suffer from sweaty palms n feet. I just want my hands to dry. I'm getting older n can't manage anymore and more sweat. Using driclor (no use sometimes). I really want to hear from you. I very keen to go to.

pyyppy

Post by pyyppy »

It was of a no regret that I have undergone the ETS for my sweaty palm recently 2 months back in Singapore in Mt E. Highly recommended this surgery for those who have wet sweaty palm. I can totally understand the misery of having to shake hands with another person with your sweaty palm, let alone holding hands :(. However, the fees for the surgery is rather expensive. No insurance coverage as it is a pre-existing condition from young.
I had my T2 nerves cut off as well.

After- surgery immediate effect:
-Chest ache due to lung deflation
-Pain from the wound opening was minimal, not so painful
-The most ache that I never expected is the back and shoulder blaze ache

Post – surgery after 2 months
-Ache continues for 2 months despite having painkiller
-Backache has existed since the day 1 of surgery (doctor could not explain why, thinking that it was sitting posture, but I never had any ache before the surgery)
-Happy that the palms are dry now
-Compensatory sweating occurred in my feets and calve of my legs. Not as bad as it is
-Normal sweating in face, neck, back and front chest
I still have the backache pain lingering on me for 2 months.
I wonder if anyone can share with me if you have this backache condition after your ETS.

sinx

Post by sinx »

HANDS STILL SWEAT AFTER ETS PROCEDURE!

First of all sori for my bad english,just wanted to share my story after i did my ets surgery almost a year now.i suffer hyperhidrosis on palms,feets and underarms almost my entire life.i already tried medications like glycoperolate,tried botox injection and ionto but nothing really works..i can live having sweaty feet and armpits but not having sweaty hands so after deciding and researching for 5 years i finally decided to undergo ets surgery for palmar hH..i have a well known doctor regarding this field so i'm more confident to do the procedure to him,my doctor clamp t3 & t4..I don't know why but my both hands still sweat since day 1 after the surgery,both only sweat 20-30% depends on situation it is bothering sometimes specially when touching things and shaking hands.at work we required to wear medical gloves all the time and gloves gets really wet just wearing it for under 30 mins and it is really noticeable..It is really a problem to me because i'm also planning to go to medical school.i really taught getting this surgery i will no longer have a problem on my hands.
For my compensatory sweating,on a hot temperature i sweat more below my nipple line all the way down especially on my back and chest,and i notice lately that i'm starting to sweat more on the groin area too,most of the time its only mild to moderate but i'm afraid it might has chance that it will get worse later on,but i really hope not...Doing minor physical activities is really bothering me most of the time now...i feel like i made a wrong decision because i sacrifice something for an exchange of nothing :( i'm still having a problem on my hands and my lower body sweats more than it use to.Thanks all for ur time and keep safe!
--sinX