Kuntz nerve

AllSweaty

Kuntz nerve

Post by AllSweaty »

To all of you that had this surgery.

Did your surgeon talk about Kuntz nerve and did they cut him in surgery?

I've read some surgeons saying that these nerve has no function in man and is unrelated to the success of ETS but i've also read that some recurrence symptoms occurs because these nerve still intact.

steve_nf

Re: Kuntz nerve

Post by steve_nf »

My surgeon told me if there were any kuntz nerves they would be clamped as well.

AllSweaty

Post by AllSweaty »

But isn't that a bit controversial? Some surgeons claim that kuntz nerve it's not important for the success of ETS but other say that some recurrence occur because the nerve still intact.

The truth is that i had my T3,T4 ans T5 surgery about 2 months ago for hands and armpit and my hands started to sweat again after only 1 and half month.

freemarket

Post by freemarket »

My wife and teenage son (who is the potential micro ETS candidate), recently talked to Dr. Gorenstein from Columbia University Medical Center (CUMC) who said that there is no anatomical basis for this nerve and claimed this was a marketing tools pushed by Dr. Nielsen from San Antonio.

According to this paper: it seems to be a variant in some: http://icvts.oxfordjournals.org/content/13/2/175.full

Henry