Inquiries on ETS Procedure

Damnitall

Inquiries on ETS Procedure

Post by Damnitall »

I'm a Singaporean 21YO and currently suffering from many different sweating problems. I hope that fellow sufferers are able to help me.. Only you people understand all the pain that HH sufferers are going through.

My situation:
I have sweaty palms, feet, underarms. I also sweat very easily on the face and scalp. Just by eating a little of hot or spicy food will make the sweating on my face and scalp uncontrollable, causing my hair to be very wet (Looks like coming out from a shower). During exercising, my palms would be totally dry but the other parts of my body sweats buckets, I have to change my T-shirt and pants during sports (badminton). So, no matter what, I just keep sweating throughout the day no matter the environment, just sweating from different parts of the body. I don't know if my condition is severe but it definitely SUCKS! :(

What I have tried:
After much research on the net. These are the following methods I've tried to control my excessive sweating.
1. Drinking Sage Tea
2. Astragulus Roots Capsules
3. Magnesium Capsules
All of these do not have much effect on my excessive sweating at all. I wanted to control my condition naturally, but it seems impossible.

Many of the sufferers did ETS on the T2, T3, T4.
My main concern is my sweaty palms. Can anyone tell me which Ts to burn so that my palms would be dry and CS would be minimum. I really want the CS to be a minimum as I've read that many people have terrible CS.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Inquiries on ETS Procedure

Post by admin »

Hello Damnitall,

I am a badminton player too (probably the sport that I have played the most in my life, out of quite a few) and can totally understand the sweating issues.

I am surprised that during exercise, your hand sweating disappears. For me, before my T-2 ETS in 1998, hand sweating was the most distressing, especially when playing racquet sports. After my T-2 ETS, my head and scalp sweating also disappeared, and I miss that phenomenon during my badminton games. Sounds a bit strange, but I would have preferred that my head and face keep sweating during exercise. I do not think that my face and scalp sweat much when I was at rest before my ETS, so neither were particularly bothersome.

Anyway, most surgeons now destroy T-3 and/or T-4 for hand seating. I think they add T-4 if you also have armpit sweating, but you need to verify that.

After my T-2 ETS, my feet sweating did not go away, and if anything became worse. This is not a very common side effect. Luckily, I did not get any significant CS on my back or chest.

I can't give you any kind of expert advice, but you should contact some of the most experienced surgeons in the world (have you seen the ETS surgeon rankings page from 2006 on my main site?) and try to see which strategy is best for you. The more ganglions cut, the worse the chances for side effects. My intuition tells me that T-3 plus T-4 is probably a better route than T-2 by itself (i.e., the higher up you cut, the more potential issues), so if I was in your shoes, I would probably not go to a doctor cutting T-2.

You should only have surgery if hand sweating bothers you the most. If face or generalized body sweating bothers you the most, you should avoid getting ETS.

slovenec

Re: Inquiries on ETS Procedure

Post by slovenec »

You should talk to some of the best surgeons and tell them about your condition. I am not an expert but unfortunately I have a feeling that your problems with generalized sweating (all over your body+gustatory sweating) may be an indication for a possible very bad CS after ETS regardless of the level cut.
Most surgeons do not perform ETS for axillary sweating anymore. This April I had a chance to talk to dr. Tarfusser who clamps T3 only for palm sweating (he cut my both T2s in 1997 and luckily everything turned out just fine). He told me that anatomically most nerves to the palms start from T2 and that cutting the T3 is only a compromise between reasonably dry palms and more acceptable CS.
My feet sweating improved after ETS, however, with years it slowly increased to almost original (unbearable) levels. I had an additional lumbar sympathectomy this April and I am very satisfied with the results.
Before ETS I almost didn't sweat, even during exercise; but, my palms and soles were sweating constantly like crazy from the moment that I woke up to the moment when I went to bed.