My last hope....ETS...help.....help....help....

stinkyman

My last hope....ETS...help.....help....help....

Post by stinkyman »

I am a sufferer of generalized hyperhidrosis...it really ruined my life...it causes me to smell stinky even during bathing.....i am changing house due to the bullying i had experienced in my neighborhood...and now,in my new house im residing,my neighbors started to talk to me,again it s because of my stinky smell....im so depressed right now,and can't help but cry...until i saw some research about ets surgery.....many good and bad reviews but i really want to try and i think it is my last hope....
Actually,i sweat all over my body but the parts that have really strong smells are from my chest up to my hair(head)...upper back upto my hair (head)....my groine andmy butt also stink,especially in summer...im from the tropical country that's why so hot in here..
Can someone advice me,what Ts should i tell to the doctors to clamp for my whole upper body not to sweat again...please reply....im so desperate right now...tnx..

Troubled

Re: My last hope....ETS...help.....help....help....

Post by Troubled »

Hello Stinkyman,
In direct answer to your T level question some say T3 and T4, others say T2 and T3, and others say T3 only. But, predomitely it is T3. There is a lot of information on the web and you should do this research before an ETS decison is made. Personally, I had T2 cut for facial blushing....it worked and it also stopped the hand sweat as well as the plantar (foot) sweating.

Once the ETS is done you must count on complications such as compensatory sweating; sweating from the nipple line down through to the buttocks.You will not have sweating above the nipple line nor your hands. I consider my compensatory sweating attaining a level 10 (1best-10worst) at times which I feel is much more manageable than the previous days before ETS. Go to this link for substantial information:
http://esfbchannel.invisionzone.com/ind ... -my-story/ Also, explore this esfbchannel.invisionzone.com site for a lot more information specific to your issues i.e. under Forums you'll find the Excessive Sweating discussion group.

Do not enter into an ETS decision until you have all the facts and that, in your gut, you know it's the correct decison. ETS is "tradeoff surgery" i.e. you'll get rid of the sweating issue but you'll be tagged with probably compensatory sweating in return.

Troubled

stinkyman

Post by stinkyman »

Hi troubled!
Tnx for replying! I really needed a people like you to talk about my hh problem eh.
Nice to see a success story of ets...
My question dude is ,when you said that i will not sweat in the nipple line up to the head,
did u mean also my upper back to the head will also not experience sweating?
Those areas really are my problem eh...
Many reviews said you also can't feel goosebumps,did you experienced it also?
I always feel the goosebumps whenever someone is approaching me that coz
my smell to worsen eh...i think it psychological,but i also think that it is also just because
I am not confident on my smell ....
Btw,tnx for the link,dude....it really helps a lot...
Sorry in my english...

stinkyman

Post by stinkyman »

Hello post ets'ers,

Can u advised me what ts should be clamp when i want to read my severe sweating and smells from the chest up to the scalp,also to my upper back to my scalp?
Can i ask the doctors to clamp my( t2)to( t5) nerves?
I am really desperate right now,please help me...tnx.....

Troubled

Post by Troubled »

Hi Stinkyman,
In answering your questions, here goes. Firstly, after ETS you will not sweat from the nipple line up including the head...this is both front side and back side (upper back as you've indicated). Secondly, after ETS I do not get goose bumps which is, in my mind, a very, very minor thing. Don't even notice it.
Lastly, regarding T level to clamp (also, known as 'blocked'), check out the info below which seems to be the current thought regarding ETS (this is a copy/paste from the internet):

"Sympathectomy by clamping or clipping (ETS-C / ESB)
In this method the sympathetic nerves are interrupted but not physically cut. This is accomplished by applying a titanium clip/clamp to the nerve. The pressure from the clamp interrupts the nerve signals through the sympathetic nerves. The sympathetic ganglia are not destroyed. The advantage of the method is the theoretical possibility of reconstructing the nerves in the future by removing the clamps.

Sympathectomy by cutting
In this method the sympathetic nerves are physically cut with scissors or electrocautery. The disadvantage of this method is that it is extremely difficult to reconstruct the sympathetic nerves in the future.

Sympathectomy by resecting the sympathetic nerves
Some surgeons prefer the removal of a segment of the sympathetic nerves. This method is effective in treating various forms of hyperhidrosis. However again it is extremely difficult to reconstruct the sympathetic chain after this procedure.

The extent of sympathectomy
The extent or level of the endoscopic sympathetic blockade, ESB, varies according to the type of hyperhidrosis or facial blushing:

Condition Level of ESB

Facial Blushing T2
Facial Sweating T2 or T3
Hand Sweating T3 or T4
Underarm Sweating T4 or T5

It is believed that by limiting the level of ESB to a specific segment of the sympathetic chain, compensatory sweating, the most common side effects of surgery, can be reduced."

I hope this helps.
Troubled

slovenec

Post by slovenec »

I am very sorry to hear about your problems and I totally understand your suffering and the willingness to try just anything. But, be very careful. Unfortunately it is very likely that the sympathectomy will make your problems even worse. It will stop the sweating in certain limited areas and it will heavily increase the sweating in other parts of your body. The overall result may be devastating. I do not think that the sympathectomy at any level is the right choice for generalized hyperhidrosis.

I think that the only solution are some of the medicines that decrease overall sweating, see this forum for some of them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's an extract from Dr. Schick's FAQ page:

Ich schwitze am gesamten Körper vermehrt. Ist bei mir eine ETS/ESB möglich?

Nein. Die Sympathikusblockade soll bei einer sogenannten generalisierten Hyperhidrose, also einem den gesamten Körper betreffenden Schwitzen, nicht angewendet werden. Nach dieser Operation kommt es zu einer Verlagerung der Schweißbildung und diese kann bei generalisierter Hyperhidrose besonders im Rumpfbereich sehr störend werden.

stinkyman

Post by stinkyman »

tnx troubled....ur informations helps me a lot...
god bless
hope my surgery will be a success ....
tnx again

stinkyman

Post by stinkyman »

tnx slovenec,
god bless....