ETS Surgery (Need Help)

Damnitall

ETS Surgery (Need Help)

Post by Damnitall »

Hi everyone, I need some help from anyone who have done or researched a lot about hyperhidrosis.

My Condition:

Sweaty Palms (Very undesirable during any social events which is the biggest concern for me)
Sweaty Pits (Controlled perfectly with just Rexona)
Sweaty Feet (Able to conceal by wearing socks & shoes)
Excessive Scalp & Facial Sweat (Happens while eating hot / spicy food, still quite controllable by eating at cooler environment and non-spicy food)
Generalised Body Sweating (Happens during any higher-paced activities, quite a large the amount but bearable as it does not happen during normal conditions)

I have visited a neurosugeron in Singapore General Hospital, he told me that he will only cut T2 for palmar hyperhidrosis, my procedure is coming up and I want to gather all the information that you guys can give me in order for me to make the decision better. Thanks in advance fellow sufferers.

Troubled

Re: ETS Surgery (Need Help)

Post by Troubled »

Hi Damnitall,
There is a lot of information out there on the web, but you should be aware of the following excerpt from a major ETS study and of great importance are the T levels indicated for specific results. This is a copy and paste from the web:

"Sympathectomy by clamping or clipping (ETS-C / ESB)
In this method the sympathetic nerves are interrupted but not physically cut. This is accomplished by applying a titanium clip/clamp to the nerve. The pressure from the clamp interrupts the nerve signals through the sympathetic nerves. The sympathetic ganglia are not destroyed. The advantage of the method is the theoretical possibility of reconstructing the nerves in the future by removing the clamps.

Sympathectomy by cutting
In this method the sympathetic nerves are physically cut with scissors or electrocautery. The disadvantage of this method is that it is extremely difficult to reconstruct the sympathetic nerves in the future.

Sympathectomy by resecting the sympathetic nerves
Some surgeons prefer the removal of a segment of the sympathetic nerves. This method is effective in treating various forms of hyperhidrosis. However again it is extremely difficult to reconstruct the sympathetic chain after this procedure.

The extent of sympathectomy
The extent or level of the endoscopic sympathetic blockade, ESB, varies according to the type of hyperhidrosis or facial blushing:

Condition Level of ESB

Facial Blushing T2
Facial Sweating T2 or T3
Hand Sweating T3 or T4
Underarm Sweating T4 or T5

It is believed that by limiting the level of ESB to a specific segment of the sympathetic chain, compensatory sweating, the most common side effects of surgery, can be reduced."

I had ETS for facial Blushing and hand sweat with a cut at the T2 level only. The surgeon had recommended T 2 and T3 to be cut, but I'd opted for T2 only to try to minimize compensatory sweating. The results of this surgery are extensively outlined in another forum accessed by the following link:

http://esfbchannel.invisionzone.com/ind ... -my-story/

I hope this helps.

Troubled

fabiantsmith

Post by fabiantsmith »

Hi I've had the ETS operation after having severe (dripping) sweating in my hands, feet and armpits. The sweating in my armpits and hands stopped completely after the operation and it lasted for 5 years#best5yearsofmylife!! My right hand and both armpits started sweating after 5 years and it just started getting worse. I think I've found the only cure 2 hyperhidrosis. After drinking 4-5 beers or about 4 drinks of vodka the sweating in my hands, feet, armpits, and body stopped completely. Even waking up the next day after drinking I can still last about 7-8 hours before I start sweating. I've tried medication like driclor and drisol and nothing works on me. 4 to 6 shots of vodka before bed is the only cure for people with conditions as bad as mine

Starrski

Post by Starrski »

Hi man, I'm also from Singapore and I've been suffering from mainly my palms, feet. Sometimes when it gets very bad I sweat from behind my knees, my thighs and butt. Have started to research more on ets as I've tried iontophoresis on my DIY machine and it worked but I realize for myself I need to do about 1 solid month of treatments before noticing any visible results and after a few months my palms tend to get used to it and it starts sweating again.

Please get back to this thread or me about your surgery and how it went as I want to do it too. Seen on another thread, another guy from our country did it and he seemed to have pretty good results, link here - http://www.no-ets.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1280

Good luck with your research and here's to a better day when we have sweat free palms without having to worry about human contact

Larysa183

Post by Larysa183 »

Hi,

I've had the surgery done 4 years ago now. I have had compensatory sweating on my face when I eat certain foods, yes this may be annoying but it's so much better than my hands constantly sweating.

It didn't improve the sweating on my feet or armpits but to be honest my main issue was my hands, they would constantly drip. I am so happy with my surgery and I am so glad that it worked for me. My hands do sweat when i'm exercising but I think that's quite normal.