ETS for armpit sweating

beaver90

ETS for armpit sweating

Post by beaver90 »

I have been recently all over the internet to seek some advice but I soon found out that I couldn't find much information from people who have had this surgery specifically for armpit sweating.
I starting sweating under my armpits in 7th grade, so when I was about 13. At first it didn't bother me, it just happened sometimes. After I got into high school though I started noticing it more, I could only wear certain clothes which would all get ruined from sweating so much.After high school I started college and I developed anxiety issues so naturally my sweating was out of control. Unlike most peoples stories, I have never had a problem sweating on my palms, they always stay dry. When I get hot or anxious though I will sweat massive amounts under my pits, my back, my chest, my groin, etc. basically my whole body was wet except my palms and legs really.

I tried numerous deodorants, medications, and botox (which helped reduce sweating but didn't make it go away). I tried these things up until I was 24 which is when I had ETS surgery. I was so relieved after the surgery, my pits were actually dry! I also noticed that I had no sweat on my chest either anymore. The only place I developed sweating in which I didnt before was my feet.Since I already sweated everywhere to begin with, I wasnt even concerned as long as my armpits were dry.

I was so happy with my results up until a few weeks ago .. I looked in the mirror and noticed both my armpits were sweating right through my shirt. I was really hot at that moment as I was stocking boxes at work, but everyday since anytime I get a little anxious the sweat will just start pouring out. I got about 6 months in of no sweat armpits but I am really shocked that it has returned 6 short months later. I just do not see how if those nerves are cut how is it possible that I am sweating under there? Anyone have any advice?

admin
Site Admin

Re: ETS for armpit sweating

Post by admin »

Who was the surgeon who did your ETS? Most good ones no longer recommend ETS just for armpit sweating as there are so many other options:

http://www.no-ets.com/armpit-sweating.html

The nerves cut during ETS cannot regenerate, but sometimes signals go through other pathways after a while. Hopefully your problem will be temporary, but if not, you can then look into other options such as miraDry.

beaver90

Re: ETS for armpit sweating

Post by beaver90 »

Thank you for your response. I am seeing my surgeon again next week to see if he has any suggestions/advice. He has been doing this surgery for over 20 years and told me 95% of his cases saw a 100% reduction in armpit sweating that will last 15-20 years. I was even recommended him from my dermatologist.
I have looked into miraDry and they want to charge about 2,000 dollars for the treatment as insurance does not cover it. This is something I can't just pull out of my pocket but I am concerned that if cutting the nerves doesnt even help, will anything?