Really severe CS

kaa1005

Really severe CS

Post by kaa1005 »

Hi!
First sorry for my english i don't use it in my daily life.
I had T2 symphathectomy two years ago (for facial blushing and profuse face sweating). After surgery i started suffer from really bad CS (on my back, chest and stomach, on butt, thighs, feet and under my arms). Most people experience CS only at summer or during exercise, i sweat constantly, in summer, in winter, during the day and during the night, during exercice and when i do nothinhg , i'am constantly wet. I must change my clothes 3-5 times during the day, i have huge sweat stains on my shirts, on my pants, my socks are soaking wet. Does anyone else on this forum suffer from so bad CS through the year and through the day? I want to know that i am not alone with this problem.

slovenec

Re: Really severe CS

Post by slovenec »

I am so sorry to hear about your problems.

I too had T2 sympathectomy for palmar HH in 1997. CS appeared more then a year after the ETS and it was quite unpleasant in the first years. The good news is that with time it got better and in about 10 years it became almost non-existent. I still sweat profusely when I exercise or in hot & humid weather, but this doesn't bother me too much.

You should probably try with oral medications (intended for different purposes than HH, ie. bladder problems, depression). I think that several options were discussed in this forum. From what I remember most people experienced a huge relief, but they had to try many different medications to minimize side effects (extremely dry mouth, eyes, ...).

kaa1005

Post by kaa1005 »

Thanks for answer :)
Nice to hear that there is a still hope for me. Sweating profusely in humid weather in summer will be
acceptable for me :D but now everything i can do to deal with my Compensatory Hyperhidrosis is wearing black or dark clothes, because now i sweat constanlty, so i must waiting 10 years :wink: . I read lot articles and reasarch and found that about 1-2% patients after ETS suffer from really severe CS throught the year and throught the day.
unfortunately i am in this 1%. I knew it before surgery that about 100% ETS patients experience CS after but their level of sweating is acceptable. I thought that extremely bad CS is common in men or in people who have problem with their weight.
slovenec i have one more question first year after operation yo sweat constantly or not?
(I experience my cs even now i am sitting in my room when temperature is about 17-18 °C, zero stress and i have big stains on my clothes, and i do nothing i only use my computer!)

JR31

Post by JR31 »

Hi. I had sympathectomy between 1999-2001, so can really relate you what you go through.

I have tried many different things over the years. Some of the medications can be effective, but personally I found the side-effects just too much, so haven't used any of them for about 5-6 years now.
One of the things which can slightly help is a prescription-strength anti-perspirant like Driclor / Drysol, Maxim, Anhydrol Forte, or Odaban (Odaban is my favourite because it's a spray rather than roll-on, so feels easier to use and more controlled). These can be quite effective, with few side-effects, and the benefit of being able to target specific areas, whereas the medications cause generalised body dryness sometimes, which I found can lead to dry eyes, dry mouth, difficulty swallowing, etc.

Also, I usually wear t-shirts and tanktops under shirts to absorb the CS and stop it showing through on the outer garment.

Best of luck. :)

JR31

kaa1005

Post by kaa1005 »

Thanks for some advice. I also used antiperspirants like driclor obadan, but their are not effective for me so i don't use it now. The only way i could find to deal with CS is wearing properly. When i am at home i can wear colorful T-shirts because no one see that i'm sweating throught the body. I'm also able to wear colorful shirts when it's cool outside and i can wear sweater and no one see my sweat stains. The diffrent situation is with my pants. I can wear only black or dark throught the year to hide stains on my butt and thighs and when i escape home i always take a pair of socks when i have possoibility to change them.
After two years i must say it was bad decision. I sufferd from facial blushing and face sweating only at social event in hot and humid wheather. Now i sweat throught the year (for example today i waiting for bus temperature was only 4 celsius and i feel the sweat runs down my body and my clothes are wet).
Thanks for help and some advice :D :D

slovenec

Post by slovenec »

It is rather strange that before the ETS my palms and feet were constantly dripping with sweat. On the other hand, other parts of my body used to sweat minimally. For example, in summer I could run for more than an hour and the cotton shirt became only a little moist in the area around my waist. After the ETS my palms became dry, my feet improved and the body sweating remained minimal. Only occasionally I noticed a strange sweating in the front part of my knees. After a year and a half I started experiencing CS which was unpleasant but benign in the sense that it was not present in "normal conditions". I used to sweat profusely when the temperature went above 27 degrees Celsius or during even a minimal physical activity (like teaching in a rather warm classroom).

samroberts

Post by samroberts »

Hi there, I have had generalized hyperhidrosis since I could remember. Last year I decided to have ETS because it was getting really difficult to do daily stuffs when my hands, feet and the whole body is soaking wet. Of course, I started to have really bad CS in like a week after the surgery. The surgery made the whole area above the nipple line completely dry, but other parts of my body started to sweat profusely. I have found some solutions to deal with CS. Now, I take 20mg of Oxybutynin a day, but it alone wouldn't dry me up completely. I have to wear anti-perspirant clothes under my shirt and pants, so no one could see me sweat. I think it would help you alot if you wear these and try to decrease your dosage so you wouldn't have difficult side affects to deal with. :) :) :)

kaa1005

Post by kaa1005 »

Hi Samroberts thanks for answer :). I also took 20mg Oxybutynin per day but it was not effective to me so i decided to finish my treatment. I also always wear two t-shirts. So if it's not too hot no one see my sweat patches. I have one more questions do you sweat constantly (regardless of temperature, like me) or only in humid places or during activities?

sweatygirl

Post by sweatygirl »

Hi do you use antiperspirants? I had also had the T2 Ets surgery and I have a lot of compensatory sweat on my back, chest, stomach, legs and armpits but my hands , feet and my face are totally dry all the time. it sucks :(

kaa1005

Post by kaa1005 »

Yes i use antiperspirants but they are no effective for me :(