ETS after 3 years

iiS

ETS after 3 years

Post by iiS »

Hello everybody,

I did my ETS surgery 3 years ago (in August 2012) by blocking ESB4 by clamping (Pls see my other posts for details). This website (no-ets) was the most beneficial website which also encouraged me to take this step. That is why I always come back to it and update my status to benefit others as I benefited before.

I am very happy with the results of my ETS surgery after 3 years of my operation.

Current Condition of my hand sweating:

My right hand have excellent result (100% not sweating).
My left hand (80 to 95% success rate). To clarify, it is doing very good, however in cases of stress or uncomfortable conditions (such as very hot or humid weather, touching uncomfortable materials (synesthetic materials) ..etc., it can sweat 5% to 15% of what it used to sweat.
I am right handed and accordingly very satisfied with the overall results.

Leg sweating:
I don't know how to explain that. I know that the procedures have nothing to do with the legs, but my thought about that, that when hands sweat because of HH, they also unconsciously stimulate the legs to sweat. So, my legs can stay hours not sweating at all, and other times it sweat like the old days. But also, this is reasonable and acceptable since 7 out of 10 times I find my sox wet when removing my shoes.

In case of naked feet, it is still the same as before operation. I.e. when wearing sandals or slippers my leg will sweat as before.

Compensatory sweating:
I have compensatory sweating on the area below my nipples and mid and lower back. However, this is not an issue at all. This is nothing compared to a sweaty hand which you can not use or you can touch anything by it. It is really easy to manage the compensatory sweating. In case you are in a cold country, you will not have any problem. I am in UAE and weather is very hot here. You can also manage by wearing cloths which will not show area of sweat. Also, wearing a v neck underwear will do. Even if some sweating marks is not something that bad, all people sweat.

It should be noted that compensatory sweating is not a continues process like hands before operation. For example if you are in office or work or doing normal everyday activity (in subway or a coffee shop...etc.), you will not find your self wet on the compensatory sweating areas. It only happens if circumstances cause it, like hot weather, physical effort, stress. etc.

I hope that the above information would be beneficial to all.

Cheers
iiS

admin
Site Admin

Re: ETS after 3 years

Post by admin »

Thanks for the update and congratulations!

Starrski

Post by Starrski »

Really glad to see that you're having great results after your surgery. Can only imagine how awesome you must feel after the surgery to be rid of this permanently. Initially I planned on going ahead with ets myself but the price the doctor quoted was far too expensive. I could buy a brand new Japanese car with that amount of money. Oh well. Good to see you around stil, admin. Will be attempting to get an iontophoresis machine real soon. Hope I'll finally be able to get rid of this. Here's wishing you a happy albeit belated new year, admin and iiS.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks and same to you starrski! Wishing you success getting rid of the sweat this year.