Post-ETS Surgery Concern

xblueocean

Post-ETS Surgery Concern

Post by xblueocean »

Hey guys, I recently done ETS surgery cause I lived through sweaty palms and feet for about 10 years, and after failing with other methods, I decided to take the risk (knowing all the side-effects that come along with it). My hands were at dripping levels and it ruined my life.

So, I did the surgery on September 12, 2017, and right after the surgery it felt great. My hands were completely dry and noticed my feet were dry also. I do not know the exact surgery my doctor did but he said this operation was for hand and armpit sweat and he had to collapse my lungs to cut a nerve. For days 1-2 my hands were completely dry and I was super satisfied. I noticed that I sweat more on my lower back when I walk outside, but that was no issue for me whatsoever because I don't do much physical activity.

However, on days 3-5, my feet started to sweat again (I don't mind about my feet), -but- my HANDS are starting to sweat again. Is this temporary and will it go away? I mainly got this surgery to completely eliminate hand sweat. My hands are not at dripping levels, but they are still mildly sweaty.

Am I sweating in my hands again because this is a temporary phase? Am I sweating because I am being too anxious? Am I sweating because the operation failed?

tiago1995

Re: Post-ETS Surgery Concern

Post by tiago1995 »

Hey xblueocean. You're better off asking your surgeon what exactly happened. You don't know what nerve you had cut, but if your hands are getting moist again it is possible that you had only T4 cut. If that's the case, you can ask for a re-operation where you'll get T3 cut as well and that might solve your hand sweating problem.