Correct Understanding of Compensatory Sweating

abhi89abhi

Correct Understanding of Compensatory Sweating

Post by abhi89abhi »

From my experience of ETS surgery and the brunt of compensatory sweating which hampered my life significantly. I only understand that the correct understanding of the meaning of compensatory sweating is missing that people always mistake it for something else.

Infect compensatory word is misleading its immediately gives the inference that its the compensation of palmer or facial sweat whatever the affected area was before the ETS surgery.
But its not the case. Surgeons don’t talk about the body’s heat displacement which happens after the surgery. When you decide to get rid of palmer sweat ETS also cuts off the heat flow to the head, arms face and shoulders. So, its a significant area to loose for possible dissipation of heat. It amounts to 40-50% of the body’s heat dissipation throughout the day.

Another lacuna is our understanding of sweat in general, We associate sweat with exercises workout and running only. Because that’s when it is seen. But the origin of sweat is not in the workout, the friction of muscles or the heavy breathing. Its origin is in the thoughts that are triggered before the actual action. Its the thought that i have to jump a long distance that triggers the heat burst in the body. Its the thought that i have to cross that running distance make you sweat and not actually running it. Infect body gets cooled while running. Have you noticed? Let me make it more clear. Have you seen people sweating before an interview. Sweat suddenly appear on the forehead before going on stage, a performance or a speech? A person can sweat profusely when apprehended and indited for a crime. So these thoughts are the root cause and triggers for sweat and heat flow in the body and they are the same thoughts we have in our regular day to day lives. While standing in ATM lines, boarding a train, working in kitchen or travelling for certain work. These very thoughts which are so mundane and are barely noticeable start to trigger sweat on the body after the ETS surgery because a lot of area for heat dissipation gets severed. So, the surprise and the unexpected outcome of the surgery is the sweat in the regular day to day activities which never triggered sweat before when body had a balance of heat before the ETS.

This balance is so sensitive and fragile that its a crime to disturb that and surgeons who don’t understand it are misleading you. Because they have not experience the discomfort on their own. Don’t ever underestimate the importance of body comfort. This the vehicle in which you have o sit and do all the work. If it is uncomfortable you simply won’t to anything. Anything at all.

I had to give up my most precious activity. Playing the piano and the brunt is far reaching in other aspects of life. I cannot imagine myself doing material handling work, delivery work, running here and there and even shopping in hot weather becomes so very trepidatious.

Don’t ever ever disturb the nervous system of your body. That the bottom line.