Post the name of your surgeon and cost of your ETS in here:

admin
Site Admin

Post the name of your surgeon and cost of your ETS in here:

Post by admin »

If you have had ETS, please post the name of your surgeon in this thread and what you paid for surgery or what your insurance company paid the surgeon. It has been brought to my attention that a couple of surgeons are charging insurance companies up to $20,000 per surgery. I would avoid such surgeons. There are many experienced surgeons who charge $5,000 (or even less in developing countries) for ETS when you pay up front out of pocket.

I paid $6,000 out of pocket in 1998 when I had my surgery with Dr. Goran Claes in Sweden.
Last edited by admin on Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

songboy1234

Post by songboy1234 »

I had ETS in October 2002 by Richard J. Fischel MD, Ph.D. The cost was my heart function, my lung function, my blood vessel function, my mental and emotional function, my thyroid function, my thermoregulation, and many other costs.

Richard J. Fischel MD, Ph.D. is, in my opinion, based on the evidence, and based on my experience with him, a criminal fraud. He defrauded me, he assaulted me, and he battered me. That's the cost.

TaliaS

Re:

Post by TaliaS »

Dr. Daon performed the surgery on my hands and the only outcome was increased sweating on my feet, but I'm going to try Maxim or Odaban and see if those work for it. I'm very happy that my hands dont sweat & neither do my underarms.

ballast

Post by ballast »

Interesting, seriously I am very happy that I had the ETS surgery.
My insuranse did not cover the surgery in America, that's why I went to my home country, Turkey. My doctor was Dr. Ilhan Akaslan in Istanbul and he really spent time on explaining every details before and after the surgery. The cost of the surgery was 2250$ fix rate set by goverment healt department and with the flight the total cost came as 3000$.
In my opinion it was 100% worth it and I am very happy with my dry hands, my business attitude changed dramatically, I am more relaxed and much happier. Honestly I do recommend having ETS surgery if sweaty hands are effecting your social life.

presidentofasia

Post by presidentofasia »

I got ETS done in Sep '09 by Dr. Arun Prasad at New Delhi, India. The cost was about US $ 2000. Seven months down the line, I'm happy to have got rid of Facial HH.

kenz1219

Great experience with ETS.

Post by kenz1219 »

I had my surgery in 2001 for hand sweating and I am so grateful I did. I do have compensatory sweating in my trunk and my feet still sweat, but I am now able to have a career working as a rehab therapist with dry hands. It was seriously a life changing thing to get the surgery. I can't believe all the posts by people that had such a horrible experience. :(

My doctor was great. Dr. Nielson in San Antonio, TX. He made very tiny incisions and there was no collapsing of the lungs. If I remember correctly, it was about $5000.

Aimsly

Re: Post the name of your surgeon and cost of your ETS in he

Post by Aimsly »

I will be having my ETS performed in February by Dr. K. Irshad in Ontario, Canada. Aside from the surgical block fee of $75, the surgery is apparently fully covered under OHIP.

SimpleNovember

Post by SimpleNovember »

Had in 2004. The name of my surgeon is Nivaldo Cassiao Bachichi who is settled in Sao Paulo, Brazil. The cost was around 10.000.00 reais which is like 7 thousand us dollars nowadays.

Deadboy

Post by Deadboy »

The name of my surgeon was Dr. David H. Nielson in San Antonio, TX. My health insurance completely cover this surgery and I believe it was around $5,000.00. I wish they didn't cover it because then I would not have had this procedure that essentially destroyed my nervous system. I paid the ultimate price because I basically died on that operating table. Dr. Nielson is only concerned about making money and could care less about the lives he has destroyed with this procedure. He will not tell you about all the side effects and horrible things that can happen to you as a result of ETS and he is well aware of them. I would not wish this surgery on my worst enemy. It was the biggest mistake of my life and I will regret it until the day I die. If you are considering ETS surgery you might as well load a gun with one bullet and spin the barrel, point it to your head and start shooting. This surgery does not "cure" hyperhidrosis it actually makes it worse. I wish I had done more research before destroying my body and mind. On the bright side, we all die. I'm looking forward to it.

slovenec

Post by slovenec »

September 1997, Merano/Italy, dr. Tarfusser, 5.000.000 ITL (=approx. 2500 EUR)
bilateral sympathectomy T2 for severe palmar HH
very satisfied with the results, CS for some years, now almost gone
feet initially improved, now back to horrible. having ELS in a month time

Larysa183

Post by Larysa183 »

My surgeon was Mr Ian Loftus at St George's Hospital in Tooting, London in 2009. Fortunately, I paid £0 for my surgery as this was covered by the National Health Service, however I was told a few years later that this is no longer covered by the NHS.

Dave

Post by Dave »

Hi everyone,

I am writing from Montreal and obviously i totally wanted to go forward with ETS cuz im tired of palmer and feet sweating. I googled and stumbled on Dr Rasfield's website and also Dr David H Neilson. I called both of them to talk about the surgery. And both were very eager to explain to me that they are the best and this procedure would be a life changing experience. I was very excited about their positive attitude. I had also seen the videos of Dr Neilson on his website explaining how his new technique was so revolutionary... He seemed like a very nice and funny guy on the phone. They both asked 12 500 $ for the surgery. At that time, i did not have that money. I read all the positive comments of his patients and Dr David H Neilson got my attention and trust. I wrote twice for the government heath insurance to give me the money for this procedure cuz it's life ruining and u can't get a job due to handshakes... My second letter convinced them and i received a letter 3 days ago telling me the good news. Yesterday, i stumbled on your website and read the comments of patients who had already done the surgery and all the complications that had occurred afterwards. I feel for all of you and pray for each and single one of you. And thank you for telling me the reality that these doctors were hiding from me. I think i will skip ETS surgery! lol It's not worth it at all.
ETS is forbidden in Montreal and thank god it is so. These doctors are all liers and should be brought to justice.
I will thank God every single day of my life, i stumbled on your comments about this ETS surgery.

There's an old proverb which says : Ask not from the doctor, rather Ask from the one who has been through it !

wetdude

Post by wetdude »

I had ETS surgery back in 1998 in Sweden by Dr Lars Rex. I was just 28 years old now 45. I paid $6000.00 plus airfare but the real cost was I gave up being able to sweat like a human and actually being able to cool the upper part of my body. :(
Worse decision ever!
Praying for a reversal
God help us

Elainee

Post by Elainee »

I had open surgery lumbar sympathectomies by Dr. S. S. Nakai in Edmonton, Canada. I'm sure he's retired.
Several years later, I had open surgery cervical sympathectomies by Dr. A. J. Salvian in Vancouver, Canada.
Both were for small vessel disease. The benefits only lasted for less than 2 years, but side effects were/are severe and many.
These cost me nothing, as they were covered by the federal and provincial health care plans.

JR31

Post by JR31 »

I had ETS in England in 1999 (and re-done in 2000), and then a lumbar sympathectomy in 2001. These were performed on the National Health Service (NHS) by B.F.Johnson.