Body fat and weight after surgery

mambo

Body fat and weight after surgery

Post by mambo »

Hiya!

I had ETS a few years ago, but over the past 3 or so years, I have gained about 20 pounds of weight and my body fat percentage has increased to 23 percent even though I am a male in my 20s. I only weigh about 185 lbs, but the excess body fat doesn't look good.

I am beginning to wonder if a heart rate reduction after ETS causes you to accumulate body fat and gain weight? Does ETS reduce your metabolism?

Has anyone actually seen a decline in weight and body fat after ETS? Has anyone had success in reducing weight and body fat after ETS via dietary changes and exercise?

Otherwise, I only have CS on hot days and the operation was a success. But this possible side effect is bothering me lately.

Thank you for those who reply.

mermie

Post by mermie »

HI maybe in some patients body fat goes up but personally for me i weigh less than before ets maybe its just as ive gotten older i eat less

ch3lz333

Post by ch3lz333 »

i am gettin gsurgery in about a week and that was one of my concerns was weight gain... ever since i got HH i have descovered that it was nerly imposible for me to gain weight no matter what i ate... i have heard that you loos a lot of weight through sweating and wondered if i got the operation i would gain weight easier...