I had ETS in 1998 and....

RobbyL

I had ETS in 1998 and....

Post by RobbyL »

I would like to share three points.

1) I had extreme facial HH that was debilitating. I had ETS with Dr. Nielson (San Antonio) in 1998 and it changed my life. I am now on the faculty of a major research university in the U.S. and it would not have been possible without ETS. I am VERY HAPPY with my results. No major side effects.

2) Beware people who say "Dr.X" is the best at ETS. How do they know, did they have ETS with more than one MD?? If they say they had a positive experience, fine, but claiming that their MD is the best is rooted in falacy.

3) By far, most folks with successful ETS do not return to the HH/ETS forum with any regularity years after surgery. And why would they? I make a point to return time to time to share my life-changing positive experience with those who are considering ETS, I suspect I am in the minority. Frankly, I rarely think about my old HH or even ETS. Those who have had negative results are more likely to dwell and flood the message boards with their experiences.

ETS changed my life for the better. It has been 10 years and I am very, very happy. I don't even think about ETS. I will attempt to return to the board now and then to share my experience for the benefit of those considering surgery, or those who are perhaps nervous about recent surgery. I will likely check the board here for the next few days before I fade back into normal life for a year or so, so if you have questions or comments, strike now.

Best Regards, Robby L

ch3lz333

Post by ch3lz333 »

thank you so much... i am having surgery for hyperhidrosis in my hands in about a week and it is really quite reasurring to hear about ur success and that is has worked out for you...thank you for sharing :D

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Good luck ch3. Who is your surgeon? Did you try iontophoresis?

RobbyL

Re: I had ETS in 1998 and....

Post by RobbyL »

Hey folks. I'm back to check in and report that nothing has changed from my original post. I saw something last night that made me think of HH and decided to return and check out the forum--otherwise I don't ever really think about HH or ETS. I have zero regrets about my ETS decision; in fact, I am certain that ETS has enhanced my life as I live without the burden of sweat pouring off my face.

I guess one thing that is new is that I am preparing to run a 10 mile race this spring. I've never really enjoyed long distance running, but have decided to pursue this as I can do it without equipment or coordinating with other folks and at times that I choose. I share this only because I see a few posts suggesting that physical ability is somehow diminished post-ETS. Not that I can tell.

Oh, my surgeon was Dr. Neilson (sp?) in San Antonio. I lived on the east coast at the time and flew to Texas just for the surgery (and enjoyed spending a few days on the river walk while there). I never tried ionophoresis--at least I don't believe so considering I have never heard of it :wink:

More later.

iDry

Re: I had ETS in 1998 and....

Post by iDry »

Sorry Mr. But please stop repeating the name of your surgeon, I think your trying to advertise for him :) ... He is not the best and I don't know who is the best. But having you saying again and again his name is really frustrating. I will have ETS soon and I will post my results here, but I will never ever say who my doctor was. I will just describe the prosedure, and the complications if I have any, only by this way I can gain the confedence of people suffering, not by promoting a doctor.... So stop it please even though I an not sure if you are even a patient :) ...