ETS for Palmar? Need opinions.

krazy

ETS for Palmar? Need opinions.

Post by krazy »

Ok. I'm considering ETS for palmar hyperhidrosis and I need opinions on it.

My thoughts are this. If it comes down to it and move 100% of the sweating from my hands to other areas of my body (think CS to the maximum degree), would it not be easier to cover and treat than palm sweating?

For example, say I have the worst case scenario and all of the sweating on my hands is rerouted, in the form of compensatory sweating, to my chest. First off, wouldnt my chest ventilate better than my hands being that it is a larger plane and any sort of wind would dry it off alot better than having closed, lesser area of hands?

Second, wouldnt the other possible areas (chest, back, legs) absorb Drysol alot better than my hands would and, therefore, be easy to try with Drysol?

I have severe axillary hyperhidrosis which has been compeltely treatable with Drysol. I do not think that the hands absorb Drysol as well for various reasons but I feel that my chest, legs, and back would all absorb Drysol like a sponge and could absorb even 100% of CS should it be relocated there.

What does everyone think?

This all hinges on the idea that the amount of CS would equal the original amount of sweating on my hands.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Krazy,

I got feet sole sweating becoming terrible post ETS, and need 50 pairs of socks a year and can almost never wear sandals.

Go through each page of the main site before you decide on the surgery:

www.no-ets.com

I am still reasonably happy about my surgery success, since the palm sweating was worse than the feet sweating. But I am annoyed that the surgeon never told me that my feet sweating could become worse.
Last edited by admin on Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

krazy

Post by krazy »

administrator wrote:Hi Krazy,

I got feet sole sweating becoming terrible post ETS, and need 50 pairs of socks a year and can almost never wear sandals.

Go through each page of the main site before you decide on the surgery:

www.no-ets.com

I am still reasonably happy about my surgery success, since the palm sweating was worse than the feet sweating. But I am annoyed that the surgeon never told me that my feet sweating could become worse.
ETS for palmar?

Also, do you do iontophoresis for your feet? It seems to be more effective on my feet than my hand.

Do you experience any crotch, chest, back, legs sweating? How has CS been elsewhere?

Larysa183

Reply to Krazy

Post by Larysa183 »

I know it's been a few years but if you haven't decided yet I'd say go for it. I'm 19 and I hated my hands sweating it affected me a lot. I got the ETS surgery done and I couldn't be more happier. Obviously there are the few complications/risks to look at, but if it affects you that much then I'd say read about the operation and decide for your self. I can't wait to get my left side done now, I have no sweating on my hands or armpits (Y)