Had the ets surgery for six years now... have a question?

boots

Had the ets surgery for six years now... have a question?

Post by boots »

Sweating from the palms and feet...after the surgery no more sweating from the hands... feet kept on sweating but im ok with it, i can live with that.. never had any side affects.. just about a week ago i noticed my finger tips on my right hand just barely sweating... this only happens when my feet begin to sweat.. my question is "are my hands are gonna start to sweat again?.... oh i got the surgery where they burned the nerve off... anyone?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Boots, I got some sweating return to my right hand after my own ETS surgery in 1998. However, this right hand sweating only happens on rare occasions, usually if I have some kind of stressful thinking going on. Moreover, even when it happens, this right hand sweating is a lot less than it was before surgery.

Most likely, you will not see significant hand sweating return.

One person I know who had surgery with me went for a re-operation because his right hand sweating returned and bothered him since he played an instrument.

boots

Post by boots »

administrator wrote:Hi Boots, I got some sweating return to my right hand after my own ETS surgery in 1998. However, this right hand sweating only happens on rare occasions, usually if I have some kind of stressful thinking going on. Moreover, even when it happens, this right hand sweating is a lot less than it was before surgery.

Most likely, you will not see significant hand sweating return.

One person I know who had surgery with me went for a re-operation because his right hand sweating returned and bothered him since he played an instrument.
god bless you for your reply... i read your story in the front hoping to get your response.

I kinda sweat on my left hand a tiny bit too only on my finger tips...... my feet sweat everyday so my fingertips are sweating like everyday.? since my fingertips only sweat when my feet begin should i worry?... maybe nerve regeneration... what im thinking is if the nerve did actually grow back that its so jacked up that it doesnt work properly anymore?... idk im all confused... i guess it all boiles dwn to if you think i should see my sweaty palms come back? have you ever heard a similar story to mine and whats your take on nerve regeneration?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

My mild right hand sweating has never worsened after it first re-appeared post surgery. If anything, it has become better, especially since I have almost stopped my feet sweating using iontophoresis and Botox and therefore cut the looping/interconnectedness effect of hand and feet sweating.

I am not certain that it is due to nerve regeneration. One surgeon once told me a while back that the signals are just passing through another pathway and the nerves/ganglions cannot regenerate. However, some surgeons and patients have also written that the nerve could regenerate, so who knows.

So what percent of your right and/or left hand sweating has returned in your estimation in both severity and frequency?

I would say that my right hand sweats just 10 percent of the time it used to before ETS, and most of that 10 percent of time, the severity is about 20 percent of what it used to be. Once in a while, the severity approaches 50 percent, but this is extremely rare and never bothers me. Hope that makes sense.

My feet sweating does bother me, as evident from all the trials and tribulations with various products that I have posted on my main site.

Good luck to you and hope you achieve success in your journey!

boots

Post by boots »

administrator wrote:My mild right hand sweating has never worsened after it first re-appeared post surgery. If anything, it has become better, especially since I have almost stopped my feet sweating using iontophoresis and Botox and therefore cut the looping/interconnectedness effect of hand and feet sweating.

I am not certain that it is due to nerve regeneration. One surgeon once told me a while back that the signals are just passing through another pathway and the nerves/ganglions cannot regenerate. However, some surgeons and patients have also written that the nerve could regenerate, so who knows.

So what percent of your right and/or left hand sweating has returned in your estimation in both severity and frequency?

I would say that my right hand sweats just 10 percent of the time it used to before ETS, and most of that 10 percent of time, the severity is about 20 percent of what it used to be. Once in a while, the severity approaches 50 percent, but this is extremely rare and never bothers me. Hope that makes sense.

My feet sweating does bother me, as evident from all the trials and tribulations with various products that I have posted on my main site.

Good luck to you and hope you achieve success in your journey!

its very minimal... i would easily say less then ten percent of what it used to be.. its severity is less then five or less...its like if i touch someone with my fingertips while there sweating they cant tell there sweaty until i tell them do my fingertips feels sweaty?... then there like oh kinda... i like how you mentioned the looping thing cuz thats exactly what its doing... once my feet just start to sweat i feel it triggering my fingertips... my big concern and me being in panic mode is if it gets worse!.. ya before my finger tips started to sweat my feet did bother me... but after going through this recent nightmare im like i dont care if my feet sweat, ill just wear some socks... you know your lucky on how your hands dont sweat and for this long, you should thank god every now and then... i just really hope my hands dont get worse.

Thanks agian, im just glad i found someone similar to my situation... Your an angel for making this website... keep up the good work.