Had ETS surgery for sweating hands

Larysa183

Had ETS surgery for sweating hands

Post by Larysa183 »

I had my operation at St George's Hospital in South London on the 25th November 2010. Not so long ago but after the surgery I'm happy with the results and obviously I'm still recovering but my hand is completely dry and was completely dry straight away. I thought I would be in serious pain after but honestly it isn't that bad afterwards. I've had trouble taking deep breaths but I believe that's due to them deflating my lung. I also found that I can't walk long distances without being out of breath but isn't that down to them deflating my lung as well?

All in all I'm so happy with the results and I'm due to go back and get the left side done in January which I cannot wait for!! I suffered with sweaty hands and armpits all my life (19 years) and it really affected my confidence when shaking people's hands or handing over money in the shop. I work as a dental nurse/receptionist so even in my job I had complications due to my hyperhidrosis. It's so weird how sweaty hands can affect you in such a way but ETS surgery helped me so much.

I've read a lot of negative reviews about this surgery and I was suprised that I was so happy with the surgery. I'll post after my op in January and then again afterwards to let everyone know if I'm still as happy as I am now.

Larysa183

Post by Larysa183 »

Still no compensatory sweating.. Although I have noticed half of my face (lt side) gets hot and sweaty where as the other side doesn't. My hand does get extremely dry and cracked but that can be sorted with a bit of moisturiser! Great so far!

steve_nf

Post by steve_nf »

That's amazing. It must feel so great to have dry hands all the time and be able to use them with confidence. I am curious, what nerves did you have cut/clamped?