Is Dr. Rafael Reisfeld good for ETS?

Smagdar

Is Dr. Rafael Reisfeld good for ETS?

Post by Smagdar »

Hi,

After doing some research, I have decided to have ETS. I am considering Dr. Reisfeld in Los Angeles. Anyone had any experience with this surgeon? I will also appreciate any other tips in selecting ETS surgeon.

Thanks,
-Smagdar

steve_nf

Post by steve_nf »

He's a very experienced surgeon. He does the T3/T4 nerves which is the best route. Some surgeons still include T2 which is un-necessary for palmar hyperhidrosis and drops your heart rate!

To be honest I would look at the recommended surgeons list that is linked on the front page of this website. That's what I did and picked the closest guy to me, Dr. Edelman in Miami, FL to perform my surgery. It went great!

GL!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hey Steve, hope you are doing well. Looks like you are still happy with the surgery and I am very glad about that!

Just to be clear, the surgeon list that I have made is a listing by experience as of year-end 2006 (verified by surgeon or estimated by me if the surgeon was unwilling to provide data) and not exactly a listing of recommended surgeons.

In my e-mail dealings, I have been impressed with a few surgeons, especially the ones who are fairly discriminating about who to accept for surgery and who to reject. Maybe I will make a list of recommended surgeons in future.

sweatydude86

Post by sweatydude86 »

personally i'm disappointed with Reisfeld - obviously because the results of my surgery didn't go well. but on a professional level, i think that he accepted me as a patient knowing that i would not respond well to the surgery. also, i was not informed until the consultation that there would be nipple incisions. and my payment was collected before i ever met with him, which is just crazy, on my part as well for letting it happen. that said, he did a good job, and did my reversal for free, although i had to pay surgery center costs.