a second surgery

mallory elise

a second surgery

Post by mallory elise »

I had ETS in 2004 for hand and feet. Only the hands worked (my dr. told me it was only a possibility the feet would respond) and my feet have not changed a bit since the surgery 7 years ago. I am wondering if any one knows if there have been any advancements in the procedures in the last 7 years that can target only the feet? i have been living in brazil for the past 2 years and my feet are getting to the point where i am just dead tired of the discomfort. botox is an option but for the price i would prefer a second ETS if that's even possible. Has anyone done two ETS procedures? thanks.

admin
Site Admin

Re: a second surgery

Post by admin »

ETS does NOT cure feet sweating. Lumbar sympathectomy does by targeting the lumbar chain, but it is a risky procedure in my opinion.

Please see:

http://www.no-ets.com/lumbar-sympathectomy.html

I had the same problem as you -- ETS cured my hand sweating, but not my feet sweating, which actually became worse! I am NOT planning on getting lumbar sympathectomy anytime soon, but if you do, I am glad you are taking one for the team and helping future patients learn from your results.