A NEW TYPE OF ETS AND LASER ABLATION OF SWEAT GLANDS

wannabedry66

A NEW TYPE OF ETS AND LASER ABLATION OF SWEAT GLANDS

Post by wannabedry66 »

Hello everyone. Im new to the site and I realize its sad I didnt explore this site sooner. Im 39 and I had severe HH of the hands, feet, armpits and face all my life. I had ETS in 2002 by dr nielson in texas. My hands were improved greatly but they eventually started sweating slightly again. My armpits still sweat , so do my feet badly and the compensatory sweat of the chest and back and groin and legs, well lets just say I travel a lot and extensively to tropical places and I cant even put into words some of the humiliation I felt at how soaked I was in social situations , drenched!! completely and leaving literally puddles in places recently. Unfortunately I wont accept what common sense seems to be telling me (and many friends and family too) that is; dont live in tropical places!! I dont want to be limited to living in places I dont want to live due to a medical condition. Anyway my point here is Ive been researching new ideas for treatments and heres what I found; Dr nielson in San antonio who did my ETS is now offering Subdermal laser ablation of the sweat glands with removal of the glands through curretage. Now most info out there only considers this an option for underarms I know. But he claims to have developed a new way of doing this and can do it on the chest, back, legs, groin, buttocks, even feet! Im curious if anyone here knows anyone who has done this? Any info would really be appreciated! Second discovery; Dr Duarte in Brazil , an ETS surgeon who appears to be a pioneer in the field, claims he does a new version of ETS he developed which cuts lower down the chain then the usual t2-3 , not sure how far yet but I will be asking soon. This method he claims will eliminate all sweating down to almost the waist level. The first concern of course is further comp sweating on the legs etc. he states that 1/3 of his patients sweat less below the waist post op ,1/3 sweat the same, and 1/3 sweat worse. Any info that you guys have about this will really help me. I know many of you are against ETS. In some ways I am too but the severity of my sweating on my stomach and back at times makes me not want to live anymore so I dont have so many options. I almost never ever leave the house without bringing extra shirts to change and Im fed up.Thanks a lot guys keep up the great site.

admin
Site Admin

Re: A NEW TYPE OF ETS AND LASER ABLATION OF SWEAT GLANDS

Post by admin »

wannabedry66, it is people like you that make me keep updating my site and checking the forums! I am with you on the living in a tropical climate part as I grew up in one and really miss it.

I never knew that the SDLA procedure is now done on other body parts. All the surgeons I know that do any kind of laser procedure only focus on the armpits like you said.

I just called Dr. Nielsen's office and they said that they do it on most body parts except the face and palms and scalp. They do the feet too, so I am really excited as that is the part that bothers me. The secretary said that Dr. Nielsen or his nurse would call me back so I will write more later.

Here is his site on the SDLA procedure (click on picture at bottom right to see body parts map):

http://www.hyperhidrosis-usa.com/sub_de ... ation.html#

Thanks for your hopefully groundbreaking post:-)

wannabedry66

Post by wannabedry66 »

Thanks so much for your reply and interest. Im excited about this too and my fingers are definitely crossed.I was hesitant at first to even put his name (dr nielson) on my post , as some people dont exactly like him. But I understand both sides of the argument COMPLETELY as Im also a sufferer of the ETS life altering side effects. But this however is NOT ETS its something done with local anesthesia and its only going under the skin, not inside the chest cavity. So lets all explore this. I was told by his assistant that dr nielson is in the process of publishing a study on this and he's the only dr doing it , thats why youll only find info about it for the armpits elsewhere. Now I contacted another surgeon in England via email, DR Whitely asking an opinion and he said he wouldnt recommend it due to decreased sensitivity in the area treated, so thats something we have to research. Another thing is finding others that have done it and getting testimonials. I was sent some by dr nielson's asst but havent emailed or called yet. I will soon. Good luck everybody. Lets find out if this thing works!!! Also Im still really interested in info about dr duarte 's new method too?? anyone out there?? he says it stops sweating on the entire body above the waist, I know thats extreme and the possible reflex sweating on legs could be scary but personally let me say this I cant elaborate enough
HOW SICK I AM OF WEARING BLACK OR DARK BLUE POLYESTER SPORTS SHIRTS TO HIDE MY SWEAT!!! I REALLY CANT WEAR DRESS SHIRTS EVER!! I cant even wear cotton period!and my life is devastated by this fact and completely limited professionally and socially.
therefore if one of these sugeries can get me to be able to wear a dress shirt with confidence Ill be the happiest man alive with a new life, even if my legs are drenched as a result!! so theres my story guys. lets research this thing and have a hell of a happy new years!!!! later

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

wannabedry66, Dr. Nielsen did call me back yesterday. He said that the laser armpit procedure has improved by leaps and bounds since he first started performing it 3 years ago. I did not ask him about Dr. Duarte's upper body sweat removal procedure, but I empathize with you and people like yourselves and hope there is something to it.

Dr. Nielsen said that his laser feet procedure has still only been done on a handful of people, but the results have been good according to him. He uses two wavelengths of lasers and has not trained anyone on how to do it yet. The procedure is far more recent, so my game plan is to wait for another year and then call him again, and by then hopefully Dr. Whitely or Dr. Duarte or other surgeons might be doing a variation of it too.

I did ask Dr. Nielsen that if I ever chose to get it done, could I come in twice for each foot (i.e., do the sides of one foot first, then the bottoms -- and then repeat on the second foot). I really do not want to risk even minor permanent feet pain since I love to play my sports and go walking or hiking once in a while. I also asked the doctor if he was okay with my blogging about my results on the main site, and he was very encouraging of that.

FYI -- One person e-mailed me last week and asked me to call him since he had lumbar sympathectomy for his feet sweating and the sweat came back on one foot after 1.5 years. I called him yesterday. He is considering buying the Idromed or Hidrex, but I encouraged him to look into this new procedure too after you posted about it.

Best wishes for the new year, hopefully the last wet one in our lives:-)

wannabedry66

Post by wannabedry66 »

sounds great! I may just go soon to dr nielson and try only the armpits and possibly part of chest or stomach and wait to see the results before going further, although the armpits alone i see on the site is over 4000$ !! so not cheap at all, its actually way more than ets if considering many bodyparts, but they said they will work out a payment plan /discount so ill see what happens. I will let you know what feedback i can find from former patients of his when i reach them. happy holidays good luck

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Okay, I would recommend not doing the chest and stomach until you know more about the long-term results. For the armpits, I did read one blog from someone who was dis-satisfied, but she had two procedures done in 2009/2010, so I am trusting Dr. Nielsen when he says that there have been improvements since then.

See:

http://sweat-no-more-sdla.blogspot.com/ ... -results=3

For other body areas, the procedure is still too new and I would hold off till we here more about the results and hopefully Dr. Nielsen published a study on this soon.

Best wishes for the New Year and hopefully no Mayan Apocalypse scenario:-)

Trixiechick

Post by Trixiechick »

Hi, I'm 24 and had ETS performed in 2004. Over the past year I have developed severe compensatory sweating all over my trunk. I'm wondering about the subdermal laser ablation... I read the previous posts and now feel the first bit of comfort that i've felt in a long time. I thought I was the only one... I actually just got off the phone with my surgeon a few seconds ago. (Rochester Mayo Clinic MN) He wasn't aware of any other procedures to help the compensatory sweating. Has anyone had this SLA procedure done or heard anything new about it? Thanks!

wannabedry66

Post by wannabedry66 »

hi trixie, im just now logging in again for the 1st time in months.. ive been travelling and havent been online as much. Im wondering if you have found anyone yet who has done dr nielsons new procedure SDLA?? im once again considering it. there must be some people out there by now who have more info on this. it makes perfect sense that we should be able to laser away the problem sweat glands in certain areas. ok keep me posted, thanks

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Been hearing some really bad stuff about the laser procedures for the feet and other non-armpit areas. Please check this thread for more:

http://no-ets.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1249