Wrapps, the extra P stands for Perspiration...

Denise

Wrapps, the extra P stands for Perspiration...

Post by Denise »

Hello,

The owner of this website contacted me and asked me to share information about something I made and am now selling on the internet. I designed and made something for myself and if it was physically possible for me to kick myself in the butt, for taking so long, I would.

Some time back I designed and made a device that literally wraps around the crotch of briefs. The Wrapp flares in the front, around the mound to absorb moisture, completely encapsulating the elastic of ones underwear, holding the elastic up off the skin to allow for evaporation. My Wrapp also catches sweat as it rolls down the bum as it is approximately 11 inches long. My Wrapps are made of 100% cotton, muslin and has an insert of 100% cotton waffle muslin. Initially I made them for myself as I was literally up against the wall. I have dealt with a very sweaty crotch for over 4 decades, this includes the entire decade of the 1980's with one yeast infection after the next. It has been an absolute nightmare, carrying around extra pairs of clean underwear because I could literally take a clean pair and wring them out inside of 5 minutes. For several years I had been using commercially produced bladder control products, because the smaller, lighter pads would literally shred into thousands of soggy pieces in record time. I was running out of unemployment insurance and still did not have a job and was convinced leaving an interview looking like I had wet myself was not going to help me at all. So, in an absolute panic, I got out some scraps of muslin and cut up a towel that was not quite ready to be a dog towel yet...
I have sewed since I was 7. Started making doll clothes for my little sister's dolls. I would draw patterns freehand on newspapers, eventually making clothes for my little sister as well. I was 12 when I discovered patterns! And all my life, when I could not find a pattern for what I wanted to make, I just taped together newspapers and drew a pattern freehand. So, I got our some muslin scraps, and cut into the towel and made my first Wrapp. It was a good start, but I had used Velcro to close the Wrapp, and this did not work. It added heat and had a tendency to scratch the inner thigh. I tried a number of closures until I settled on the hook and eye.
I cut the muslin on the bias, so it would move with the body. I wore the Wrapps for quite some time and became absolutely delighted with them. One day I was cutting some more out at the kitchen table and my sisters boyfriend came through and asked what I was making. So I explained what the Wrapp was and he wanted to know if he could try some out as he is a musician and frequently plays outdoor gigs. In Florida, we have a very long, hot, humid summer. Florida summers frequently run more than 6 months; it is a little like walking on the sun here. The following day, he wanted to know if he could get some more Wrapps, they saved the day for him. Went from one outdoor gig to another and his crotch stayed dry. No irritation, chaffing or overheating, no damp elastic cutting into his skin.
I wash all the fabric prior to cutting, to help wash the finishing agents out of the fabric and find the true grain. The Wrapps are cut on the bias, hence they give when you move. The waffle fabric is very stretchy, because of the weave and it too has lots of give as well. Once they become damp, it takes a few seconds to unhook, toss in the wash and put on another clean, dry, cool Wrapp. The Wrapps can be washed literally hundreds of times. I strongly recommend not using any fabric softener, ever, on anything. Fabric softener coats fabrics and makes them less absorbent. Also, fabric softener can really irritate this very delicate area. We use 6 tennis balls in the dryer, this cuts down on drying time, reduces wrinkles, and still leaves the clothes smelling fresh from the detergent. Also, if you cut yourself shaving and get blood on the Wrapp, hydrogen peroxide will wash that right out.

So, I have gone from decades of trying to hide a sopping wet crotch to ready to take out billboard space to share my delight with others, that I finally came up with something to deal with it. All these years I thought it was just me, I was some sort of freak of nature. I was so wrong. It is hyperhidrosis, a skin condition. And millions of us suffer from the effects of hyperhidrosis, we are hardly alone.

I personally make each Wrapp by hand and guarantee their comfort.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email me

denise@itsawrapp.gmail.com

Please feel free to come to my site: www.coolwrapps.com