Had burns on my hands with Idromed4

John

Had burns on my hands with Idromed4

Post by John »

Hi, I have recently brought Idromed-4 after reading lot of reviews. Even though the price of the equipment is little bit on the higher side I preferred to go with his piece as the reviews were really promising. So I ordered from an Australian company http://www.psoriasiscafe.org/idromed4.htm for $900.

The equipment is designed for European voltage so I have to go for a 110-220 voltage converter. I started treating my hands 20 mins a day with intensity of around 10ma. After 2 weeks of treatment there was no sign of Cessation of my sweating. But I noticed that my skin started pealing off from back of my hands. So I stopped the treatment now. The equipment’s manual says that for hand upto 15ma is acceptable and 20mins a day is also ok.

I am really disappointed and don’t know what to do next. Is anybody really faced hand burns with iontophoresis devices? Any suggestions, tips, advice are really appreciated.

Thanks,
John

pinker

Post by pinker »

John, the problem may be that you are using the machine too frequently. I have noticed if I use it for 3 days in succession I get small burns on the webbed part inbetween my fingers.

I think the key is to use it every other day, or every three days until your hand and feet calm down, then you can relax a bit and just do 2 or 3 maintenance treatments a week which should keep the areas dry.

back.fish

Re: Had burns on my hands with Idromed4

Post by back.fish »

Well, on http://iontophoresis-device.com/hyperhi ... -t946.html the support said
Burns are always a sign that too high current is being used , or a sign that you haven't placed the distance grids on the electrodes..
Lowering the current to the point where no burns or skin irritation occur is one of the important things for iontophoresis and this is also described in he manual that should be read thoroughly before using the machine for the first time.
I don't think treating less is necessary, this could also limit your success.