My success using HIDREX PS 500

chompingatdabit

Post by chompingatdabit »

I've read the book "Help, I'm Sweating," read all of these forums, and looked at seeminly every device. But no one mentions my problem "Truncal Hyperhidrosis." Specifically at the top of my buttocks / tail bone region.

Can the IDROMED 5 or other devices be used to treat this type of hyperhidrosis? It looks like maybe you could use the armpit electrodes to treat the tail bone area.

Anyone have experience with this?

chompingatdabit

Really 2 weeks later and not one reply. Not even by an administrator. I thought the English forums were supposed to be the active ones?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Chomping, I am sorry I didn't see this earlier since it was in the sticky thread. Dietmar from Germany asked me this question by e-mail too in reference to someone who asked him, and maybe that someone was you? I sent him a reply.

Generally, people who come to this site suffer from palmar or plantar or facial hyperhidrosis. Your problem is rare and I never realized that sweating in that area could become overly bothersome.

Have you tried Robinul? Botox is very effective too, although I am not sure how easy and safe it is to get injections near your tailbone.

I don't think the armpit electrodes are used to treat the tailbone, but you should ask Markus about that. If you click on the iontophoresis icon at the top of this forum, you will get to his site.

Good luck and let us know about your results.
Last edited by admin on Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:40 am, edited 3 times in total.

chompingatdabit

Thank you for the reply. I looked into Robinul per your suggestion but it seems like there are so many side effects that I'd rather stay away. Botox also makes me nervous and would prefer not to visit a doctor every few months for more shots.

From what I've researched, it would seem where you put the armpit electrode would stop sweating. I'm not sure why it would not work in certain areas. I will try to ask Markus.

In the meantime, I'm trying CertainDri roll-on which seems to be reducing the sweat after 2 weeks of use.

Sweaty Palms in USA

Post by Sweaty Palms in USA »

any updates ? Is the machine still helping you? I am looking to buy something for my hands soon.

sweatyguy

Post by sweatyguy »

I have been using Idromed 4 (the previous generation) for around 3 years with good result. I put both hands in one tray and both feet in the other tray, and use the max 25ma current, and take two 10-minute sessions of opposite polarity. One such treatment every week.

sweatervest

Re: My success using HIDREX PS 500

Post by sweatervest »

Hello admin, I'm so glad that you're Hidrex machines work for you. I have a question regarding the cables for your Hidrex machine. I currently have a fischer md-1a model and i'm looking to fix my facial sweating. I've heard that the facial masks that are manufactured by Hidrex only fit for Hidrex or Idromed machines. Do you know if the face mask cables for the fischer will fit into the face mask. If not, could you perhaps posts pics of the cables and dimensions? Thanks for your time!

Kind regards,

Sweatervest

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi sweatervest, I did not get those cables or the face mask or the armpit electrodes since I only have feet sweating problems. In fact, I did not even know that Hidrex manufactures a facial mask!

Your best bet is to contact Markus at:

info@iontophoresis-device.com

Good luck and keep us posted here if you have success.

back.fish

Post by back.fish »

There's a new Hidrex Machine out now, the Hidrex PSP 1000. It can switch between pulsed and direct current, and seems to be quite strong.

Since it's the new version I do assume they have improved it compared to the old PS 500.
Last edited by back.fish on Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lulu 555

Post by Lulu 555 »

Hi, I have suffered with Face sweating since I was 15 and am now 46, I thought it was hormonal and just coped, as a result I have a fantastic completion but now yearn for a dry face! I am looking to buy a second hand Hidrex PS 500 Iontophoresis Machine and am wondering if I would be better off just buying the new version 1,000? as it is just for my face would it really matter, any opinion is welcome
Thank you

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Lulu,

You can read this whole page to learn more about the new PSP1000:

https://www.bindner.com/iontophoresis/h ... -1000.html

I am not sure about the success rates for the face, but please post here again if you try using the machine on your face.

Lulu 555

Post by Lulu 555 »

Thanks for the info

Will do