My success using HIDREX PS 500

admin
Site Admin

My success using HIDREX PS 500

Post by admin »

Drionic did not work for me when I tried it on my feet (albeit only for four weeks) in 2004, so I delayed trying a far more expensive iontophoresis machine out of skepticism. I was also somewhat wary of putting my feet in a machine that would use regular electricity from the wall outlet rather than from a separate low-voltage battery.

In May 2009, I decided to try the HIDREX PS 500 machine after the manufacturer let me test it and have seen extraordinary results. For the first time since my early teens I can wear shoes and sandals without having to wear socks.

Below is the link to the page on the main site where I discuss my HIDREX iontophoresis experiences to treat hyperhidrosis:

https://www.no-ets.com/hidrex-hyperhidrosis.html

The new HIDREX PS 500 model lets me treat my feet without feeling almost any sensation. The treatment is completely pain free due to the pulsating current it emits. The machine runs on electricity, so it is cheaper than Drionic in the long run too.
Last edited by admin on Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

mowrey1999

Hidrex

Post by mowrey1999 »

I think the hidrex may be a nice machine as stated but a lot of people just can,t shell out 8-900 dollars and then find out it doesnt work or the results were not as expected, If the hidrex was 400.00 you might attract 2-3 times more people because they can figure a way to come up with that much but not 8-900 that puts it almost in a league for doctors and clinics, It does seem like a excelllent unit and to bad the price was a little more bearable I am sure it would sell.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes I agree that it is too expensive. They do offer a 98 percent success guarantee, which seems extraordinary.

Hopefully those who can't afford HIDREX can benefit from the homemade machines, and the number of comments underneath that youtube video of homemade iontophoresis machines is testament to how many people want to try this.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Update -- still have amazingly dry feet, and it seems like I am now able to keep them dry by using HIDREX just once a week.

Mr. Guy

Post by Mr. Guy »

Administrator..first let me say Congratulations on your success with the unit. It's great to see people get relief from this condition which is a real pain in the ass for those of use who suffer from it.

Myself, I have problems with my hands and feet...hydrosis is actually a symptom of my main problem which is basically free floating anxiety that's pretty much always there to varying degrees. As for the hydrosis part, it's nothing I can't handle or that is THAT bad a good chunk of the time. My hands are pretty much always a bit clammy, but shaking hands isn't usually too bad in normal situations, especially ones I've become accustomed to. However, it' exacerbated with job interviews and it really hampers my social life..it has pretty much killed dating for me which is where my quality of life is really hurt.

So, I've made the decision to try the Hidrex. What I wanted to ask you is have you or do you experience any side effects from using it? Thanks

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

No side effects so far, but its only been around two months since I first started using the machine.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I seem to get pain on my feet lately, and I am not sure if it is due to my shoes (I have flat feet), or due to the iontophoresis treatments. Usually, it is only one foot that seems to pain.

qwerty

Post by qwerty »

Any updates on your progress? Still getting pain in your foot?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi qwerty,

The foot pain is gone, and might have been due to the fact that I sometimes treat my feet at a slightly awkward angle so that I can do stuff online while getting treatment at the same time. I also have somewhat flat feet.

Anyway, the treatment is still successful, especially in winter time where I need just one treatment every 4-5 days for complete dryness. Sometimes I do get wetness on the upper part of my foot, probably because I do not have the water level at an adequate depth. The sides of my foot often get white due to excessive DRYNESS now. I love it!

I did get a nagging cough (more like dry hack) for several weeks this winter, and have NEVER had that happen before. I got a bit concerned that it could be due to the steel electrodes emitting hexavalent chromium ions that are getting into my bloodstream and lungs (Did that just sound like jibberish? Well you can thank Dr. Zierer and his e-mails to me about this. For more on that, see the large thread in this subforum about electrode material in which I have pasted parts of Dr. Zierer's e-mails).

The cough is gone now, and so is my paranoia.

I am somewhat of a hypochondriac (although this is improving each year!), so please take this thread and the other thread on electrode material with a grain of salt. There are many people who have been doing iontophoresis for years with steel and/or aluminum electrodes with no adverse side effects.
Last edited by admin on Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I have been trying the Idromed iontophoresis machine since the beginning of February 2010.

The results have been great so far. See more here:

http://www.no-ets.com/idromed-hyperhidrosis.html

qwerty

Post by qwerty »

Hello thanks for your review of the Idromed machine, I just have a general question for you. I noticed in your review that the Idromed suggests maximum current settings you should use for treating your armpits (5 mA), hands (15 mA) or feet (25 mA). However from browsing a few forums it seems people are using current settings higher than these when doing treatments. Do you know what the safe maximum values for each body part are? It is confusing with so much conflicting information on the internet!

Cheers

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Idromed doesn't let you exceed these settings, so 25mA is the max.

HIDREX has measurements in volts, with 30 volts being the max setting for feet.

I would not try much more than these recommendations.

You can also ask your question here to get more data points:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cc0pj2tf6_4

qwerty

Post by qwerty »

Sorry I was referring to treatment of the hands. I've noticed that some people go up to 25mA when treating the hands.

StanleyUK

Post by StanleyUK »

Hi all,

I am based in the UK and have just been prescribed Glycopyrronium Bromide tablets for my HH (running update just started in Robinul section).

As a back-up, I am looking to invest in a Hidrex or Kimetec machine (£325 here in UK). Whilst I can't of course ask you whether I am likely to get a successful result using this, can any of you advise if it is likely to cure my cold hands as a benefit of stopping the sweating, or is this an unconnected side-effect?
I am pretty new to this investigation despite suffering for many years with HH.

Any advice you can give regarding the machine being able to cure cold hands would be great, or even just general advice on the cold hands if not.

Thanking you all in advance.
StanleyUK.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I have not heard that iontophoresis can cure cold hands. I treat my feet so wouldn't know about any possible improvement in cold hands.

Thanks a lot for the running update in the Robinul forum! Besides success at stopping sweating, I am curious if you get any headache, dry mouth etc...