what should it feel like?

hooloovoo

what should it feel like?

Post by hooloovoo »

Hey guys, today I put together a little homemade iontopheresis machine based on this youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjPTacmA ... re=related

Seemed pretty simple and I'm pretty confident the batteries don't have enough juice to do any serious damage. Total cost was $2 for pans, $8 for 4 batteries and $4 for 4 alligator clip wires.

I wired it all up and tried 12V to start. At 12V I could feel very slight tingling and some cuts around my nails hurt, but not bad at all. I threw in a 3rd battery as he recommended using and that was much worse. Tingling was definitely stronger but tolerable. The thing that really freaked me out though was that sticking my hands in there with three batteries made the muscles in my wrist contract. My wrist almost felt like I was clenching my fist... Is that a normal thing or does that indicate too much voltage? I could only take that a few minutes before my wrists started to hurt...

hooloovoo

Post by hooloovoo »

Well today I decided to man up and just do it. It does get better, after a few minutes of soaking I can't really feel much of anything (other than bored out of my mind and holding my hands in an awkward position). Pulling my hands out seems to be the worst, man I really have to steel myself for that, it zaps up my arms.

So treatment 1 down. I'll post back in a week or so with any results :) I'm hopeful it will work, I don't really have hundreds to blow on a machine... I have some hypercare solution I use on my underarms and that works great, but it seems to be useless on my hands. I'm hoping this will solve my hand problem... Now if I could just figure out how to get my brow and neck to sweat less...

mowrey1999

Homemade machine

Post by mowrey1999 »

Hooloovoo,I tried the same setup using the 3 batteries and felt that the 3 batteries were more than I needed for my hands anyway, So then I went to 2 batteries 15 minutes positive polarity and then switching the leads and going to 15 minutes negative or the opposite connection. I did notice sometimes when my hands were in the water and touching the edge of the aluminum pans I would feel a shock so I wrapped the pans with duct tape so even if my wrists touched the sides of the pans I would not get a weird shock or feeling and it seemed to work, Usually when I switch polarity and my hands are wet it felt the worst initially putting my hands in the water so now I completly dry my hands and then submerge them both palms at the same time and and it seems to not get any or much of a current surge, I figured if the 2 batteries worked and gave me good results after a week then why use 3 ? Well 2 batteries have worked on my hands and I can go about 5 days in a row before I repeat the process now, I am just trying to see how often I need to use this setup before starting to sweat so that is my current schedule now 5 days then 15positive and 15 neg-if any thing changes maybe i will have to increase or go to 4 days but for now this works fine for me , Just my imput

hooloovoo

Post by hooloovoo »

Well, after doing about 10 treatments I don't feel it's really doing anything for me. I tried adding some baking soda near the end too but that hurts any little cuts way too much, like torture... It's also a real pain to do and I still have issues with head/back/butt sweating.

Today I went to my doctor to ask about robinul. He'd never heard of it but looked it up and said that's a clever treatment, and was game to let me try it. I'm a bit nervous about it but it's worth a shot. I recently started dating after getting divorced a year ago and it's a bit embarassing to be sweaty when we're close, not to mention we're pretty active and I tend to drip sweat when hiking or biking. I'm hoping to find a dosage of the robinul that will decrease my sweating to a 'normal' level and hopefully keep side effects to a minimum. As an added bonus, I do tend to have too much saliva, my eyes are always watery from allergies and I have frequent loose bowels since having my gall bladder removed, so some of the side effects of it could actually be helpful to me as well.

Just took a 1 mg pill, I'm going to try 1 mg per day for a bit and see how it goes, then maybe up it to 2mg in the morning and see what that does.

zsuzsi

Re: what should it feel like?

Post by zsuzsi »

HI, I was wondering if the Robinul ended up working for you? I would also like to start dating and feel embarrassed about my sweaty hands.

back.fish

Re: what should it feel like?

Post by back.fish »

I already quoted this in another post, I don't think homemade devices are really a good idea. I mean, after all, it's a medical device operating with electric current, so maybe it belongs in an expert's hands.