My experiences with Idromed

admin
Site Admin

My experiences with Idromed

Post by admin »

Yet another success with iojtophoresis for the most part. Water type or something else seems to impact the results from time to time.

https://www.no-ets.com/idromed-hyperhidrosis.html

SweatParty

Post by SweatParty »

Hello, and thanks for this information. Having read 3 HH forums, and looked into the various ionto machines, this Idromed looks like the newest and best on the market. Of course it is very expensive (about $950 shipped to the USA from Germany). But I'm very close to ordering it, especially since they claim there is an 8 week money-back guarantee. Even still, do you know anything about getting a USA insurance company to pay for it? I'm trying to schedule a doctor visit soon solely to find out if they'd be able to help me get this covered by insurance. But I fear they would only prescribe a USA-made machine like the RA Fischer MD-1a. Now, I've never tried ionto, but if I do, I figure I should use the best and least painful machine, and to me Idromed sounds like it, so I really don't even want to waste time with other ones at this point.

I read other posts where you said you had ETS so you don't sweat in your hands anymore. So do you only continue to use ionto for your feet?

If I had success with my hands, I might try it for my feet, but the hands are a way way bigger priority for me

Thanks!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

My feeling is that the Idromed is better than the Fischer Md-1a because the former uses pulsating current (that is only if you get the Idromed PC of course) so you get no pain at all during treatment. I just met someone last week at a hyperhidrosis related event who told me that the Fisher MD-1 device gave her blisters.

Even though the Idromed device is not as yet approved by the FDA for direct sale in the US, you can import it and US insurance can cover the cost according to the person who sells Idromed in Germany. Sometimes you have to be persistent with the insurance company even if they initially reject your request.

If you are unable to get insurance to pay for Idromed, you could then try to get them to pay for Fischer MD-1a. Thereafter, if you do not like Fisher MD-1a, you can sell it as "barely used" on ebay for say $700 and then buy Idromed using those funds :-)

If you do buy the Idromed, please go to the seller's website by clicking on the banner ad on my Idromed page (link in first post in this thread) since I get a commission. In future, I hope to sell Idromed and HIDREX directly myself in the US if they get FDA approval. Hopefully I can reduce the prices if I get a higher commission for direct sales.

You could also try homemade iontophoresis initially. It has less chances of working and treatments will be more painful, but will cost less than $100 to build.
Last edited by admin on Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

JamesKing

Post by JamesKing »

Hi, glad to see you're having success with the Idromed. I've been suffering from palmar, plantar, and axillary sweating for over 20 years and manage sweat using a combination of prescription antiperspirants and Iontophoresis. I've been using the Idromed 5 PC for the last few months and I've been seeing some good results from it. I've used a few others including the Fischer md-1a and the fischer md-2a (which has a pulsed current) and I think primarily the results have been the same. Obviously each has it's positives and negatives, but I have to say Idromed has far more positives than the others. The design, it being portable, somewhat comfortable to use, and the price are all points that make it stand out for me.

qaz

Post by qaz »

Hi there!

I've been using Drionic for 5 months and a half already for my hands and in the beginning, the first 2 months, it was really helpful. The sweat decreased to 5% of what it was before the treatment. It was great! But now it seems that it's not working as well as before. It seems as if my skin got used to the treatment and now I would need more power than what Drionic can give. In the beginning I could only stand around 50% of the power it could give, but now I do treatments of twice per day for 30 min, 100% power and after 8 days my hands sweat less but still too much. I'd say 60% of what it was before the treatment.

I was thinking on buying Hidrex PS 500 or Idromed 5 PS because they seem to be the most effective machines, but I'm afraid the same could happen with these. Maybe they could work in the beginning because they seem to be more powerful but maybe after a few months they would stop working so well.

Did this happen to you? From your posts I see that it worked really good in the beginning but I don't know if they still are on you as effective as in the beginning.

If they are still effective, which of the 2 machines would you think is more effective? Hidrex or Idromed?

Thank you so much for your help. You are really helping a lot of people out there.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi qaz, thanks for the praise! Its a great feeling for me that I can make a site that helps others, helps me and at the same time also makes me an income from the ads.

I got Botox injections on my feet in April 2010 and have not used Idromed since then, even though the effect of Botox has probably worn of at this point, although its hard to tell if all or only part of the effect has worn off, since its winter and on some days my feet do not sweat at all. See my main site (no-ets.com) under the "My Experiences" section for more.

When using Hidrex in London in 2009, I saw no results, and it seems the change in water type impacts the treatment. With Idromed, I seemed to have to go from once a week to twice a week treatments at times for good results right before I got Botox.

I am not sure whether the body becomes desensitized to iontophoresis or whether its the water type that makes the main difference in success versus failure. Some people get years and years of success with iontophoresis (e.g., the guy who made that youtube video of the homemade machine).

If you purchase Hidrex or iontophoresis, please do so via the ad at the top of this forum if it is still there or via the ads on the Hidrex/Idromed pages on the main site.

Best of luck!

droid

Re: My success using Idromed

Post by droid »

May I know if anybody has experience using Idromed on their hands? By how many % did it reduce the sweating? How many sessions before results were achieved?
Did you feel electric shock when using this device?

back.fish

Re: My experiences with Idromed

Post by back.fish »

I found a success story another forum, it doesn't say how strong the device is, but they have sticky threads for that, and he obviously had 100% success...