Water and iontophoresis

aquarius

Water and iontophoresis

Post by aquarius »

It seems like for some people Iontophoresis works, for others it doesn't. But the interesting thing is, it stopped working for people who moved to a different place. Obviously water plays a critical role in the success of the treatment.

I am rather surprised that vendors of expensive iontophoresis devices don't sell some expensive "proprietary" solution that is proven to work. Anyway, since tap water content varies significantly from region to region, it would be very informative to know the actual active ingredient. That would save a lot of people a lot of trouble.

The main trouble I personally have - apart from not knowing how effective Iontophoresis is going to be - is the pollution of tap water. Iontophoresis is used medically to administer drugs into the body, so anything in the water gets is absorbed. And if you're living anywhere near a city odds are really high that the tap water contains anything from hormones and rocket fuel to car lacquer. Stuff you obviously don't want in your body.

So - it would be best if we could find a commonly available brand of bottled water that is proven to work for iontophoresis. That would be most convenient. In some forums I've read that people dismiss bottled water as ineffective, but think about it: bottled water is usually purified tap water from another place. If you happen to live in the French city Evian, then the bottled water "Evian" comes out of your tap.

Another idea is to use additions to distilled water. There are mineral drops called "Concentrace trace mineral drops" that contain the whole spectrum of about 70 minerals, without high sodium content. If mineral content is indeed the deciding factor, then it should be possible to recreate a solution that works. Also experimenting with the calcium/magnesium ratio could be promising.
If, on the other hand, the reason why only tap water works is because of some chemicals in the tap, then that's a different story. In theory it might be that some additions in municipal sources like fluoride or chlorine in high concentrations make the difference. That could explain why pure bottled mineral water could not work (although I doubt this is the case).

In the socialphobiaworld-forums it has been mentioned by the user "Hyper-Hydro" that he suspects the active and important ingredient is HCO3− or bicarbonate. This is the link to his post:

http://www.socialphobiaworld.com/the-co ... esis-5000/

Some bottled waters like Evian actually contain very high amounts of bicarbonates (357PPM) source:
http://www.bottledwaterweb.com/bottlersdetail.do?k=41

I personally haven't gotten to the point where I can say iontophoresis has worked for me, so it will be difficult to try out these things, although I just started about a week ago. If people who are on a maintenance schedule could try these things and provide feedback, that would be terrific.

ysh

Post by ysh »

I am using Ionto and it works for me. I could see results in the seconds week after starting initial daily treatments.

Quite surprising that the vendors don't know why some tap water is working while other is not. Shouldn't be too hard to put some research into analyzing the properties of working tap water. Not a priority I guess.

I don't worry too much about the pollution of tap water when using Ionto, after all it's the same water I drink or use while cooking etc.

Anyway, it would be good to know what makes Ionto work so that one can find a solution if it stops working all of a sudden.

LogicMatters

Re:

Post by LogicMatters »

ysh wrote:I am using Ionto and it works for me. I could see results in the seconds week after starting initial daily treatments.

Quite surprising that the vendors don't know why some tap water is working while other is not. Shouldn't be too hard to put some research into analyzing the properties of working tap water. Not a priority I guess.

I don't worry too much about the pollution of tap water when using Ionto, after all it's the same water I drink or use while cooking etc.

Anyway, it would be good to know what makes Ionto work so that one can find a solution if it stops working all of a sudden.
My sincerest apologies for the later than usual response, but I'm new to iontophoresis. While doing research, I happened to stumble upon this topic and found it quite intriguing. I wasn't aware that certain types chemical components in water could have a detrimental effect to iontophoresis. Now, I'm curious: Do you think utilizing refrigerator water filters could alleviate the problem? I'm new to this, so please forgive my naivete. If someone could supply an answer, that would be SUPER! :)

Thanks, folks!

back.fish

Re: Water and iontophoresis

Post by back.fish »

I found a topic in another board,
There seems to be a difference when using mineralized Volvic water, perhaps also because the quality of this bottled water is the same everywhere.
I hope I could help!