admin, I have questions about your iontophoresis treatments

steve_nf

admin, I have questions about your iontophoresis treatments

Post by steve_nf »

Hey admin, first question: Are you still doing iontophoresis for your feet?

Next question... Would you do iontophoresis to cure your right hand? It seems like my right hand also sweats somewhat at times. For example, I can't use touchscreen phones comfortably with my right hand, or use laptop trackpads because of the sweat. Do you have problems like this? Or does your right hand sweat get significant only when exercising?

According to Reisfeld's site, this recurrence sweat is caused by blood vessels constricting, which are autonomous and not controlled by the SNS. I probably have a lot more blood vessels constricting in my right hand, because it's my primary hand. Also, this constricting gives the finger tips a more reddened look, which I notice. So, I believe all this is true, that this sweat is independent of the SNS. I'm very curious to know if ionto can cure this different kind of recurrence sweat. I may just resort to Ionto because this sweat does bother me.

Thanks,
Steve

admin
Site Admin

Re: admin, I have questions about your iontophoresis treatme

Post by admin »

Hi Steve,

My right hand sweating is usually nonexistent. If it gets really hot outside or if I am under stress, it can sweat, but usually still at a fraction of pre-surgery levels. So overall, for me, its not worth getting a re-operation (ETS) on the right side or doing iontophoresis treatments on my right hand. If you read my ETS surgery report on the main site, I mention another American patient who was with me that had the re-operation for right hand sweat recurrence and he was happy with the results. I wonder what they do in the re-operation? In our case the ganglion was divided over the second and third ribs in the initial operation, so do they go after the part between the third and fourth ribs in a re-operation or is there some connecting nerves that they missed between the second and third ribs? In your case, since you probably had the cut between T-3 and T-4, do they go after T-2? If you are in contact with the surgeons, you could ask them why the right hand is where all of us are getting the recurrence and not the left hand.

I forgot, but did you have excessive feet sweating too and did it not go away?

I am out of the US right now and did not bring the machine with me. Even when I was in the US, I did not use the machine this year because I was reasonably comfortable wearing socks, and the feet only sweat half my waking hours. I have also become lazy doing maintenance treatments, and Dr. Otto Zierer's warnings made me not want to to do 10 days straight treatments on a regular basis each time I stopped my maintenance treatments. Good chance that I will restart the treatments at some point this year though.