Anxiety induced palmar sweating

eji1

Anxiety induced palmar sweating

Post by eji1 »

I have wet hands and feet whenever I have to attend Interviews and generally situations I am not comfortable with. I am unable to shake hands with the interviewers usually admitting I have wet cold hands which is really embarrassing. Even though the extent of the sweating is not as severe as I have read in these forums. It does not drip and look wet to the eye but it is slippery and cold to feel. My feet sweat a bit more but that is of no real concern. I have a lot of interviews lined up and I am getting even more worried about how to handle these situations. Washing my hands with hot water seems to help for some time like 5 minutes and I have done this before some important handshakes! The best part is I am mostly normal when I am relaxed. No sweating palms or feet but when these episodes start like close to college recruiting season it shows up again and last for about a month. Are there any creams or ointments that could help with this?

golfer

Re: Anxiety induced palmar sweating

Post by golfer »

I recommend using some anti perspirant deodorant. I use old spice sweat defense because it's pretty strong. Just make sure you only apply it when your hands are completely dry (as in, not sweating at all). Try taking a cold shower (real cold, so you're shivering) and your hands will stop sweating enough to throw on the deodorant. i just use one click (it's a squeeze up gel type of deodorant) and just rub it into my hands. hope this helps. there are more drastic treatments but my hands are terrible and i find this to work better than most.