Newbie hello

Dobbyboy

Newbie hello

Post by Dobbyboy »

Hi everyone

I'm new to this forum, been suffering from hyperhydrois for 15 years now. In my early thirties now am over the last year or two the symptoms are getting worse. I have always had sweaty hands, feet and armpits. I used the roll on prescribed from my gp, which helped a lot.

However I am sweating from back, forehead, neck and groin. I have tried everything from different diets, exercise and keeping off caffeine, Which has made no difference at all. I am a active person who goes to the gym a lot. I've noticed as soon as I do a couple of weights me bum/groin is soaking. I can cope with hands/feet/back sometime forehead. It's the feeling when u have light shorts (even climacool) makes so difference. Somebody spots the map of Africa on your bum. I've now changed to dark cool shorts so you cannot see the sweat.

I do sweat a lot whilst training which I can cope with. However the same symptoms occur if I am at work and people notice and quote " are you ok your sweating".I have seen my dermatologist a few months back who recommended oxybutinin but said the side effects where bad?. To be honest a dry mouth, slight dizzyness etc is nothing compared to this!.

I haven't heard anything back from my go/dermatologist or been prescribed my medication yet. I'm gonna make another appointment and enquire about robinynl?. Had a look through the treads and this looks a winner.