Can anyone from the UK help me?

hollys

Can anyone from the UK help me?

Post by hollys »

Hello there,

My name is Holly and I am an ex-sufferer of Hyperhidorsis. During the time I had Hyperhidrosis I suffered with excessive sweating in my hands, feet and armpits. I used Driclor antiperspirant and visited the Adenbrookes Hospital for Iontophoresis treatment with Glycopyrronium Bromide solution. I ended up purchasing a machine for treatment at home. It wasn’t as easy as it sounds though; getting my GP to acknowledge Hyperhidrosis wasn’t simple in the first place! I realise I am very lucky I grew out of this condition, however I still acknowledge that I am more sweaty than the next person (and people do pick up on it regularly), and I do hate shaking people's hands! Why I am writing is I am creating a short education documentary for Internet distribution in the UK and I am looking for UK contributors. Hyperhidrosis is such an important topic to me and I feel that awareness of this disorder needs to be broadened. Even though I started suffering about 10 years ago, I still haven't met anyone with the conditions. Living with Hyperhidrosis can be tough at times!

Below is our formal write up, which will give you some more details:

We are currently producing a short educational film raising awareness of Hyperhidrosis as a health problem within contemporary British society.

We are looking for contributors to share their story and follow their lives as they live with the condition. Our production crew are looking for sufferers who are about to undergo or have endured a treatment, although this is not essential. The crew are also looking for sufferers who have problems with everyday activities or relatives of someone with the condition.

The director of the piece has suffered with this condition for ten years and is hoping to raise awareness of it.

This production would not be aired on television, it would be purely for educational purposes for display on the web. The shooting dates are set as March 20-23, so availability on those dates is essential. Our crew have experience in Television, Film and Radio and are friendly and approachable.

I have tried making this as short and sweet as I can, but it would be great to talk more. If you think you could help as a main contributor for the documentary, or would be prepared to have a short, casual interview for the project it would be brilliant to hear from you. All expenses paid for and we will come to you. No where in the UK is too far for me and my car. I am based in Bournemouth and Cambridge. If you have any questions or generally anything to say, please get in touch or email me at Hollysleet@hotmail.com. Thanks for taking the time out to read this, it is such an important cause to me! I look forward to getting involved in discussions on this forum. Holly

hamish123

Re: Can anyone from the UK help me?

Post by hamish123 »

Dear Holly,
Just registered and read your post. How did you get on?

Kind regards

Hamish