Fasting and reduced sweating?

admin
Site Admin

Fasting and reduced sweating?

Post by admin »

Recently I read a comment on some site where a person said that fasting reduced his sweating quite a lot and was a miracle for him. I am not sure if it reduces palm or feet sweating, but perhaps it does reduce sweating in other areas such as the chest? There is also quite a lot of evidence that caloric restriction raises the life expectancy of mice quite significantly, so intermittent fasting might kill two (sweating and early death) birds with one stone for some of us!

Will update this thread if I ever try this and it helps my feet sweating. At present, I rarely go more than 12 hours without eating.

golfer

Re: Fasting and reduced sweating?

Post by golfer »

I assume this is a caloric fast and not a fluid fast, and maybe this caloric fast would decrease the body's metabolism and possibly lead to decreased sweating. I often wake up in the morning with dry hands/feet and that's usually right after a fast so maybe there is something here. Obviously fasting can't be a long term treatment form but it would be interesting if it did help for an event or something we could plan for where being dry would be a huge perk.

But how long of a fast are we talking here? I'll try to keep a mental note of the next time I go an extended period of time with no food and see what my sweating is at. Often at work on busy days I don't have time to eat but that's never more than 12 hours.

graydwarf

Re: Fasting and reduced sweating?

Post by graydwarf »

I've been intermittent fasting for a month or so and it hasn't impacted sweating at all. I don't eat from 6pm-12pm (18 hours) every day. I did find something that helps though. See my recent post in "My stories".