could it be HH?

missmeri

could it be HH?

Post by missmeri »

Hi. I'm looking for some answers about this condition. I believe my 6year old son has hyperhidrosis. I suspect it because since he was a toddler, his hands and feet bubble and peel almost constantly, though sometimes worse than others. They are always soggy, like if he stayed in the bath for too long. They get white and wrinkled. The only thing is, they don't drip with sweat. They are just always clammy and soggy. He doesn't keep his hands closed to build up sweat. They are always open. Could this be hyperhidrosis? I only know of the condition when it is so severe that people carry a rag because of the excessive sweat. I also imagine that if it is HH, it will worsen with puberty. What do you think? Could it be mild Hyperhidrosis?? I made an appt with a dermatologist, but I'm anxious until then. Thanks.

admin
Site Admin

Re: could it be HH?

Post by admin »

This is hard to answer. For many people (including myself) the sweating only started around puberty. No issues in our childhood.

Some people get sweating as infants, but then it subsides in their teens or before.

Avoid surgery for sure (and I doubt most surgeons would consider it at such a young age, but you never know).

ragj195

Re: could it be HH?

Post by ragj195 »

I remember people telling my mum about how sweaty my hands were as young as 5 years old. Don't worry about it. If you make it a big deal it will make him anxious when he's old which will make things worse. If it gets bad when he's older then consider the topical lotions but don't ever let him have any sort of ETS surgery.