Thinking about ETS

itaboy

Thinking about ETS

Post by itaboy »

Hello all...my name is Dario and I am 16. I'm thinking about ETS surgery since 1 year and I would like to do it..
I suffer from hands, feet and a bit axillary sweating too, but my main problem is the hands one.
Can you tell me more about side-effects? And in your opinion what's better to cut/clamp T1,T2,T3,T4?
I've red lot of informations and conclusion is T3 clamping only will be the better decision for hands sweating..please help me
and sorry for my bad English...

slovenec

Re: Thinking about ETS

Post by slovenec »

A decision to have ETS is never an easy one. Almost all people who have ETS suffer from side effect afterwards, about 5% to the point where the quality of life is severely affected.
I had a huge problem with palmar and plantar HH and I was willing to risk everything just to get rid of constantly dripping palms and feet. I was very lucky: my palms and feet are dry now and my compensatory sweating is rare and manageable.
I know about two excellent doctors in Italy: dr. Tarfusser and dr. Giudiceandrea (dr. Tarfusser was my ETS surgeon and they were a team during my ELS surgery). I talked to dr. Tarfusser three years ago and he told me that they clamp of cut T3 and that the results are excellent.

itaboy

Post by itaboy »

Thank you slovenec for the info about ETS surgeons. I'm scared because i red that clamps can slip off.... I play football and i do lot of exercise... so it is better clamping or cutting?

slovenec

Post by slovenec »

I play squash and badminton 3 times a week and I run 15 km almost every day and I am almost certain that exercise does not influence the clamps.

I talked to dr. Tarfusser in April 2013, so my information may not be entirely correct and up to date.
He told me that in his experience ETS T3 for patients with palmar HH almost always results in reasonably dry palms and bearable compensatory sweating, hence the reversals are generally not necessary and cutting is a good alternative to clamping. In fact, if I remember correctly, he told me that cutting is often preferable to clamping because it lowers the possibility for recurrence.
He also told me that the scientists are not absolutely sure what happens after the clamping. In his opinion, the cells in the ganglion die very soon after clamping. But, the connection between the lower and the upper ganglion remains and it could be theoretically used to reconnect the sympathetic chain.
My T2 was cut and my L3 was clamped and I see no difference. In fact the T2 surgery was much easier and I only have one scar under each of the armpits. The L3 surgery took longer and I have three scars between the hip and the lower rib on each side. All scars healed well and they are almost invisible.

itaboy

Post by itaboy »

I talked with Dr Costa Angeli (expert ETS surgeon in Italy) and he said I have to try different ways before thinking about ETS... because I am 16 and my mum also doesn't want me to do ETS. My mum now talked to a homeopathic Dr and she want to try homeophaty way... next month i will be visited by this Dr, he's famous in my town so i will try it.
Sorry again for my bad english but i'm italian

slovenec

Post by slovenec »

You should definitely try antiperspirants, iontopheresis and botox before considering ETS.
Unfortunately, I am almost sure that the alternative medicine will not be able to help you. People tried everything: hypnosis, chiropractics, diet, homeopathy and some other practices without even a slight improvement.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks a lot for your regular participation and helpful replies slovenec!

One thing I do want to add is that miraDry (microwave based radiation) is currently being tested for hand sweating in the US and seems to result in superb results for armpit sweating (proven results with no reports of cancer or other life threatening issues for at least 4-5 years now as far as I can tell). It might be worth contacting them to find out more about their potential hand sweating treatment. I think they are only looking for volunteers in the US at present.

sinx

Post by sinx »

Hello admin,

How can i be able to contact them?i'm living in the US and i want to volunteer for the miradry treatment.

Thank u

itaboy

Post by itaboy »

Thank you all guys and slovenec for the help. Maybe i'll do my ETS surgery... but i'm not sure is it better t3 or t4? (clamping)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

sinx, you can try to contact MiraDry for more info.

Also, see this thead that I hope will be update at some point:

http://www.no-ets.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1744