Do I have hyperhidrosis?

michaelr

Do I have hyperhidrosis?

Post by michaelr »

Just found this forum courtesy of Wikipedia after trying to figure out why I sweat so much.

I've sweated a lot for as long as I can remember. My most affected places are my hands, armpits, feet and groin. Even right now, sitting at rest at the computer, my hands are very clammy and I'm getting sweat patches under my arm. Often, even when my feet feel very cold, they too will be clammy. When I put my shoes on and walk somewhere, my feet become very sweaty (socks will have large damp patches all over), even when not walking far. I get quite anxious about the fact I sweat a lot, and would never raise my arms at work etc. This anxiousness tends to make me sweat even more. Also, if I become mildly embarrased about anything (even things not related to sweating), I can feel my sweat glands going into overdrive for a short period of time. Simple things like phone conversations set me off too.

Come to think of it, I really don't think I need to ask here to know that I have a problem! No one should sweat this much!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

michaelr,

Sounds like you do have hyperhidrosis :-(

However, the extent of your hand and feet sweating might not be very bad, in which case creams and lotions might be very helpful. Otherwise, iontophoresis is definitely worth trying out.

Excessive armpit sweating is not abnormal and very very common -- even in many women.

Good luck in finding something that helps you, and I hope you post your results in the appropriate forum section if you try anything.

michaelr

Post by michaelr »

Hi thanks for the reply.

I've booked an appointment to see my GP. Hopefully something can be sorted out!

mermie

Post by mermie »

odaban is a very good product 2 try for underarm sweating ive used it for 3 years now with excellent results
its only £6.99 per bottle and it lasts for up to 1 yr
i was a very heavy sweater
its worth a try